Disc Splash Guards

I'm after the part numbers for all four disc splash guards/backing plates on the Mk1 VRS, am I right in saying they're 288mm brakes on the front as standard?

Mine have corroded off and I'm wanting to replace these when I do discs and pads.

Done a search on here and google can't seem to find them. 

TIA

Chris

15 minutes ago, CPall said:

am I right in saying they're 288mm brakes on the front as standard

Yep.

Fronts are item 10s here: https://skoda.7zap.com/en/cz/fabia/fab/2004-225/6/615-615025/#10

Rears are item 8s here: https://skoda.7zap.com/en/cz/fabia/fab/2004-225/6/615-615061/

Note: different part numbers left and right sides, due to symmetry.

Some of the part numbers given by that site may have been superseded, but they're a good starting point.

You may want to have some replacement M6x10 screws (item 11) for the fronts, the heads tend to be remnants of what was once there. May even need something like Irwin bolt grips to get them out if they're really far gone.

Edited by Wino

Thanks for the quick reply those exploded diagrams are really helpful!

A quick search on eBay of the fronts has shown them saying they're used on the new VW UP saying they're for brake disc diameter: 239 mm, 256mm, 288 mm

Am I right in thinking these are just a universal part that can be used for smaller discs as well as my 288mm's?

22 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

@CPall - Why? Splash guards aren't mandatory, and add to the unsprung mass more than they protect the discs.

I see your point Ken but they're there to protect the very rapidly spinning cast Iron disc from being hit by high speed debris, cast Iron is brittle enough to be cracked in an extreme impact and the rotational speed alone could cause subsequent catastrophic failure during a hard stop. I do agree that this scenario is extremely unlikely but that's why the manufacturer fits them.

49 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

@CPall - Why? Splash guards aren't mandatory, and add to the unsprung mass more than they protect the discs.

Would just like to keep things original, they are obviously fitted for a reason so would like to protect my fresh discs.

I had a MK2 Fiesta 950cc that had no disc guards from the factory. Very thin discs too which were forever warping so I upgraded them to XR2 vented ones.

Edited by TMB