Shark

D15VRS

A friend at work has been trying to contact them, no answer. Went a drive over and said they have moved again, not read this any where

• 4 weeks later...

only just spotted this, only rumour but i was told that they had recieved noise complaints about their unit and that the owner (dan) had gone to work for someone based in milton keynes.

I'm disappointed as i live just a few miles from it and was looking to get stage 1 as a xmas present.

I know they moved a while ago to:

5-16 Flexspace,

Enterprise Close
Mansfield

NG19 7JY

01623 332233

I don’t  know  Dan, but Ben has always been the owner for as long as I remember.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve also been trying to contact them since june through email, Twitter, phone etc and never heard a thing. Their voicemail says they’ve got phone and internet problems but they can’t still have had that for almost 3 months?!

i thought they were well regarded in the industry, surely they haven’t just closed down the business without saying anything? 

So the FB and Twitter posts asking customers to be patient whilst phone and internet services are restored were likely the start of the end. 

Shame and quite surprising considering their apparent popularity in the VAG community.  It'll be interesting to see what was behind it. 

Popularity doesn't always equal sales and sales don't always mean cashflow.

It's very hard for small businesses to keep afloat. Or maybe it's more like it's very easy for them to go under.

It's a shame, they seemed well regarded and this will mean people out of work.

My first job with a small firm had full books but went under due to cashflow.

• Like 1

Looks like it. The signature on the statement of affairs is 25th June, which was the same week as the notice about phone/internet problems. 

A bit poor that they haven't at least updated channels such as Twitter and Facebook with an update about what's happening. If the worst has happened, at least be up front and honest about it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Looks like it. The signature on the statement of affairs is 25th June, which was the same week as the notice about phone/internet problems. 

A bit poor that they haven't at least updated channels such as Twitter and Facebook with an update about what's happening. If the worst has happened, at least be up front and honest about it.

The owner is probably trying to keep his house, car, sanity or maybe trying to sell it as a going concern etc. Updating these things is probably not on the radar even if it would be good.

• Like 4

I emailed Unit 18 about a map from Shark a few days ago and asked about the liquidation when I found out today and for this reply:

“It’s just Shark HQ that was affected, everything else is business as usual for the foreseeable, all software still available and development will continue. 
The actual read file to access your ECU was only released just over 4 weeks ago so it really is still very early days.”

If Shark HQ is down and no doubt jobs have gone etc, how will development etc continue?

That's a real shame. They seemed a really decent bunch of blokes.  I only had my car done by them in Mansfield in Dec last year and value for money-wise it was the best thing I have had done on any car in 35 years of driving,  the extra oomph still makes me grin....like when a Golf R went to undercut me the other day.....it didn't. 

17 hours ago, MillsyVRS said:

I emailed Unit 18 about a map from Shark a few days ago and asked about the liquidation when I found out today and for this reply:

“It’s just Shark HQ that was affected, everything else is business as usual for the foreseeable, all software still available and development will continue. 
The actual read file to access your ECU was only released just over 4 weeks ago so it really is still very early days.”

If Shark HQ is down and no doubt jobs have gone etc, how will development etc continue?

Looks like there is a separate company (optimi designs ltd) that used to be called Shark Developments Ltd. Same director and still trading so assume that is the remap design etc company. 

• Like 3

http://www.sharkperformance.co.uk/

Ceased trading.

I was in there a few months ago not long after they moved and Ben was in a heated conversation with lawyers.

The move to the new unit was definitely a downsize and they stopped doing servicing/repairs.

Edited by logiclee
  • Thanks 1