Interior driver door handle flaking

On 22/03/2019 at 06:33, Nackuk said:

Vred how well did they fit? Would really like to replace mine.

Fitted today. They are a 10/10 Perfect fit. So so happy!

Removing the handle from the door needs some muscle (see YouTube video for how). Might help is you have 'plastic door panel removing' tools. The power window controls was bloody annoying (destroyed the old one as I cut it up to - then again who cares about the problem one  - 30 mins). Mirror control was a push out (5-seconds). Snap-fit into the new handle and push back in place (too easy).

Happy to answer questions, or if anyone is nervous doing it yourself (don't be).

Pictures: White inside is Original. Black insides is from OEM shop. Comes nicely bubble-wrapped, packed with great service.

IMG_0649.JPG

IMG_0650.JPG

IMG_0651.JPG

IMG_0652.JPG

• Like 1

On 21/07/2018 at 18:01, kindalen said:

Same. Was hoping someone had bought replacement online. Has to be a common issue. 

Have you got yours sorted?

16 hours ago, drefaldwyn said:

Me too! RHD though. 

I'd suggest emailing Thomas from OEM Store and ask him. Pretty good service!

• Like 1

On ‎24‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 21:05, drefaldwyn said:

Me too! RHD though. 

They have requested my vin code, so he's looking into it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well it took a week to come. Today it arrived and tonight I've fitted it. Getting the window switches out is a bit of a pain. Any way Top of the world. Thanks for all those who helped getting this changed, appreciated. 

DSC_9880.JPG

DSC_9898.JPG

Any tips on removing the switches, are they all individual or a block? Think I will be ordering one of these - ordered now

Edited by Martin.S
  • Like 1

They are a block, with a Stanley knife cut the outer skin of the door handle that's holding them in along the line of tags on one side. Remove that chunk of plastic. Now only held in by the three tags on the other side. And will realise realise.

It will make sense when you see it.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Did mine today dead easy 15 mins tops . Got them via the link on previous post OEM parts 62 euros = £56 for both sides including postage, arrived in 4 days top service mine are black but they have the other colours .

• 8 months later...
2 hours ago, twoeyes said:

@VRed  do you still have one of these.  i'm in Sydney and need drivers side one.

Sorry mate! Sold them in May 2019.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...