Thinking of an octavia 1.4tsi.

2 hours ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

:whew: holy cr4p!

It's all about the smiles per mile baby & there's been quite a few smiles !!!

Burns very little oil though, do you think it need to go to an AA Meet or two, it just might have a George Best complex

Edited by themanwithnoaim

2 hours ago, ahenners said:

Wow that's over a 10k mile average. What on earth do you do with it? Drive everywhere in 1st and 2nd?! :o

I'm a Postman so, I don't travel in traffic hence, I can be a little exuberant from time to time. 12mpg will generally mean, I WAS ON IT good job it's only 12 mile journey to work but, there's always the coming back too !!!!!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, StephenVRS said:

@ZaphodB

As well as auto lights the "engine mode" you select affects AFS at least on my 2014 VRS if you select Eco mode (buttons above gear stick) then at AFS lights don't move.
You need to be in Normal for some movement as you go round bends and if you select sport mode they move more.

On a 2016 model not sure if you have this option may be in infotainment unit?

Hi Stephen,

Thats very interesting - I didn’t know that the engine mode switch altered the AFS!

I have the switches you mention so I’ll have a fiddle. Never thought that the engine mode would alter the lights!

Thanks

Zaph

10 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Gulp, 20.4 that'd scare my plastic into melt down mode. :sweat:

But I bet you have far more fun :biggrin:.

So I wasn't that far out with a 1.4 about double the mpg compared to a vRS.

12 hours ago, ajw1100 said:

Gulp, 20.4 that'd scare my plastic into melt down mode. :sweat:

But I bet you have far more fun :biggrin:.

So I wasn't that far out with a 1.4 about double the mpg compared to a vRS.

Not really, my 36k miles average on the 1.4 TSI was 30.9mpg so, I'm figuring the 245vRS at 10k miles average is 24.5mpg & is exceptionally fuel efficient !!!!!!

Edited by themanwithnoaim

21 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

It doesn’t have to, you can set it in individual. It does it to lower power draw very slightly. I like the AFS so I have the lights on Sport. Very nice :)

Hi Sahsa,

Can you tell me where the setting is please?  I've looked through all the menu options and I couldn't see it.

Thanks in advance,

Zaph

Thanks.  I'l try that.

Cheers,

Zaph

EDIT:  On the 'Eco' option (the one I use) It didn't allow to change the 'Dynamic Cornering Light'.  Selecting 'Normal', 'Sport' or 'Individual', you can turn this option on or off.

Selecting 'Individual', I can set most options to 'Eco', 'Normal' or 'Sport' and turn the 'Dynamic Cornering Light' on or off - so I have set it to 'Individual' with @Dynamic Cornering Light' set to on.  I'll see what effect this has next time I am out at night.

Thanks for your help :)

Zaph

Edited by ZaphodB
Added additional information
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

Press the Mode button and the screen should display Eco, Normal, Sport and Individual. You can press somewhere in the top right corner to customise the settings.

You can only customise Individual though can’t you?

• Like 1

On 25/07/2018 at 11:08, heppy99 said:

Would be around a 64 plate, SE Spec, what does everyone else think?

Everyone here seems to have VRS model!

Also what sort of appearance mods are out there for regular Octavia's?

just fitted the boot fin to mine.  75 quid from CZ.  But more to have painted and fitted.  

1.4 tsi already had similar performance to the wiesel vrs. I

I get 57 mpg from mine which I just use for longer journeys. Mine is a DEL and DSG  too.

Looking for 17 or 18 wheels but with the potholed roads thinking twice despite their poor looks.