skodaparts.com

TMB

Do you think that this is a change of policy or a change of parts department personnel?

More business for Mike then?

You guy's guesses are as good as mine. Shame as I bought quite a lot of parts from them.

18 hours ago, sepulchrave said:

...or were Bickerton Skoda threatened with a loss of franchise due to discounting and selling parts online?

I was thinking that, so maybe there will be a tightening up of all VW Group dealerships providing this service, how annoying!

Edit:- I mean really now that most VW Group dealerships don't even seem to bother to keep high demand items in their workshop's section of stores, do VW Group really mean to force us to drag ourselves to our local dealership which is normally sited at a traffic hot spot, only to get told that they need to order bits in and that will take 2 days - or more in some cases, then we need to drag ourselves back there to collect the parts?  That is same nuisance value that has forced a lot of people to avoid the high street and shop on line, VW Group need to be aware of that - though I suppose their take on this is "cut to the chase and hand the car in to us"!

Edited by rum4mo

theskodashop.co.uk - Horton Skoda - are still selling parts online.  But I don't know if that is just the parts selection shown online, or whether you can order a much wider range as was the case with skoparts (Bickerton Skoda).

• 2 months later...

Theres a sign in Plymouth TPS now saying trade only. I wonder if VAG are cracking down on them and the dealers to stop cut price sales of genuine parts.

TPS have always been trade only. Its in their t&c. Some trade counters will turn a blind eye from time to time. TPS is owned by VAG UK who insist it only deals with trade to drive customers to high profit retail.

Skodaparts.com shutting probably a commercial decision, usually these are part time sideline run by one man in their parts dept. Maybe he retired.

Skoda-parts.com gets you stuff direct from Chechia, cheaper than dealer parts dept.

Edited by xman
  • Thanks 1