Brake Upgrade

Looking at changing the brakes on the Fabia. 

Currently still on the original discs which have done 70k and they still look fine but the pads are pretty gubbed after the track night on friday. 

Bearing in mind i am on a budget but i want to get the best i can afford. 

So far im thinking MTec C hook discs with EBC Yellowstuff pads. I know yellowstuff pads have abit of a meh rep but considering the car will mainly be used on the road with the occasional track use would these be suitable?

Note don’t fancy the 312 upgrade as the 288s have been fine.

42715481495_af9ba5df8c_c.jpg&key=56ab92a 

Going for Brembo discs & pads when its time on Wifes unmodified Monte MK3, EBC's / redstuff on my VRS MK2 are excellent. To be honest the brakes are pretty good on the monte MK3 (feels better than the standard VRS ones) EBCs are well over double cost of brembo's

The drilled and grooved Mtec discs are really well priced, anybody got any experience of them?  I'm currently running standard discs and mintex pads but the discs are a bit hammered so due a change soon.

2 hours ago, suchy86 said:

The drilled and grooved Mtec discs are really well priced, anybody got any experience of them?  I'm currently running standard discs and mintex pads but the discs are a bit hammered so due a change soon.

I wouldn’t go drilled they can crack easily looking at the c hook ones 

I Like,

12 hours ago, Richard92 said:

312s with brembos :) amazing I know I don’t track it but can imagine they would be great on track.

575D76BF-087A-4B12-80EE-90A3041E2844.jpeg

8D6DD1CA-21EA-47A6-B937-E81108A92E55.png

I like!Straight fit and what you got on the back?

On ‎25‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 18:08, AMD87 said:

Looking at changing the brakes on the Fabia. 

Currently still on the original discs which have done 70k and they still look fine but the pads are pretty gubbed after the track night on friday. 

Bearing in mind i am on a budget but i want to get the best i can afford. 

So far im thinking MTec C hook discs with EBC Yellowstuff pads. I know yellowstuff pads have abit of a meh rep but considering the car will mainly be used on the road with the occasional track use would these be suitable?

Note don’t fancy the 312 upgrade as the 288s have been fine.

42715481495_af9ba5df8c_c.jpg&key=56ab92a 

If your not looking to go 312mm and keeping the drums you should pick up a decent set of front 288's for not bad money, Im surprised the standards have lasted one track day never mind a few.

Edited by Mickmartin

40 minutes ago, Mickmartin said:

I Like,

If your not looking to go 312mm and keeping the drums you should pick up a decent set of front 288's for not bad money, Im surprised the standards have lasted one track day never mind a few.

70k they’ve lasted and still loads left :) 3 days at Knockhill, 1 day at donington and 4 days at Crail and also 2 rounds of the Scottish Road car series 

12 hours ago, Mickmartin said:

I Like,

Umm straight fit but need calipers and carriers. Still got drums on the back never really fancied a disc conversion and trying to stop the spending on the car now. Just tying to keep it maintained now :) 

14 hours ago, Richard92 said:

Umm straight fit but need calipers and carriers. Still got drums on the back never really fancied a disc conversion and trying to stop the spending on the car now. Just tying to keep it maintained now :) 

Are they just the premium discs from ecp?