Heated screen switch

Mike-P

I’ve got an L&K with a the usual bells and whistles, the Yeti handbook says I should have a separate switch for the heated screen, but there’s only one screen heater switch on the centre console. Does this control both front and back screens?

2 minutes ago, Rustynuts said:

The button for the front heated screen is right next to the A/C button, just above the + fan speed button.

Bloody hell, no wonder I couldn’t see it, I don’t drive with my reading glasses on!

Top man Rusty!

14 hours ago, Mike-P said:

Bloody hell, no wonder I couldn’t see it, I don’t drive with my reading glasses on!

Top man Rusty!

Yes, the HVAC are neither safe or intuitive. Very fiddly.

My previous Yeti (pre F/L SE) with Bolero radio showed heater adjustments on the screen. My current F/L L&K with Amundsen head unit does not - a retrograde step in my opinion.

Bill :)

I guess Skoda put the switch where it is because it was the easiest option! Obvious place for ease of use would have been to the left of the Max windscreen air con button - so on the same row as the rear screen heater button but on the far left. However that would involve new plastic mouldings for the radio fascia so additional expense.

That's one of the controls I leave to my co-pilot. It's easy with voice control, I just say "front screen please"and it happens!:cool:

Fred

• Like 3

3 hours ago, g6zru said:

That's one of the controls I leave to my co-pilot. It's easy with voice control, I just say "front screen please"and it happens!:cool:

Fred

Really! Never tried that - how did you train the co-pilot?

20 hours ago, Expatman said:

Really! Never tried that - how did you train the co-pilot?

It  wasn't easy! We've been married 51 years and it's only been available in the last year.:inlove::devil:

Fred

• Like 1

1 hour ago, g6zru said:

It  wasn't easy! We've been married 51 years and it's only been available in the last year.:inlove::devil:

Fred

Ahh, now I understand it. We've only been married 47 years so I've not reached your level of competence yet!!

3 hours ago, Mike-P said:

Damn, only 44 years for me, I’ll have to start the training soon.

Remember to start with "yes dear" and complete agreement and you can't go wrong! That's the advice I gave my nephew and he is still married after 8 years - unlike many of their friends.

• Thanks 1