Citigo Electric

Ronn

On 28/02/2020 at 23:23, Ronn said:

If you want one, go buy one. 

Just leave us alone to drive the 'proper' cars... 

I just did.

Collected my Citigo e iV last Friday. Candy White with black ceiling and black rear view mirrors. Has driven it approx. 95 miles and is very happy with it so far. Here's a small list of my impressions so far.

Pros:

Feel- and are much faster than the old Citigo we have. (except for top speed though)

Extremely easy to drive in all situations.

Very quiet.

Spacious in the front seat. Don't feel like a small car when you drive it.

Relatively good range, even in winter. The drive home from the car dealer was 42 miles and it took exactly 1/4 "tank".

Electric heated front window.

Rain sensor. (The old Citigon didn't even have adjustable interval mode)

Cruise control.

ACC. (Only AC in old Citigo)

Relatively good full- and dipped beam. (Halogen though)

Double floor in the luggage compartment. You can get a completely flat floor when folding the back seat.

Cons:

"Lane assist" instead of auto brake. Would much rather have had auto brake.

Apps that work poorly. Skoda connect is available but works so so. "move and fun" does not yet exist but will come this week. Remains to be seen.

Compact rear seat. But it's probably no worse than others on the market of the same size and no worse than our old Citigo.

No interior lighting in the rear seat.

No lighting in the boot.

What I miss most:

Electric heated steering wheel would have been nice to have.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nolhott said:

No lighting in the boot.

Is yours an SE or SEL?

I'm picking up my SEL sometime during the next fortnight and I would have thought that luggage compartment lighting was standard across the range.

Check out 1:17 into this review, which clearly shows it.

3 hours ago, Chris_42 said:

Is yours an SE or SEL?

I'm picking up my SEL sometime during the next fortnight and I would have thought that luggage compartment lighting was standard across the range.

Check out 1:17 into this review, which clearly shows it.

It's the equivalent to the SEL with the Privacy glass, Variable boot floor and Winter pack. The only options we have here in Sweden is metallic colours. 

You are probably right about the boot light. I'ts hidden quite well and not very bright so propably when it's really dark you see it. I'll check tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

@Emil

There to read in an article that you can look up yourself without clicking links.

Then people can get where a story comes from, unlike info they get from you that is often totally duff gen.

@Luckypants

The e-Up! was at a crazy price when launched and since.

If the UK Government is going to be giving less of a bung right into the pockets of UK Dealers & manufacturers then we will see where the OTR prices go now for cars getting delivered from today.

As it is even the £3,000 is too much tax payers money which just allows them to overprice cars IMO.

Edited by Roottootemblowinootsoot
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

@Luckypants

The e-Up! was at a crazy price when launched and since.

If the UK Government is going to be giving less of a bung right into the pockets of UK Dealers & manufacturers then we will see where the OTR prices go now for cars getting delivered from today.

As it is even the £3,000 is too much tax payers money which just allows them to overprice cars IMO.

I'm not convinced that the EV grant is too much, EVs still have not reached price parity in terms of production costs so need a helping hand. I think the main issue is with the way the the grant is given - direct to the dealer allows them to gouge the price while making it look "OK" for an EV.

For example, if the e-UP! was £19.3k from the dealer and then I'm able to reclaim £3K from the government to make cost to me around £16.3K, then its a reasonable price (£2K more than ICE equivalent). But by making it a dealer claimed grant, they just bung that onto the list price to increase profit margin. I'm not picking on VAG here, they are all guilty of this.

Edited by Luckypants

No way is a e-Corsa worth £28,000 - £34,000. 

But saying that the top petrol one has a crazy £26,000 RRP. 

Leasing has some cars being bought new at ridiculous prices. By lease companies not paying anything like the RRP

or by the Manufacturers Leasing Company.

Did you claim the Government Grant, or did the Dealership actually and you are then paying the OTR price with the grant gone.

In Scotland there is a 6 year interest free loan to buy a EV.

But then you are not supposed to already have one, it is supposed to be your only EV.

Free Home Charger via the Government, but the Manufacturers offer a Free Home Charger.

Home Charger installed are at a inflated price now in many cases because subsidised.

Nobody appears to notice how the price of new cars has rocketed over the last 5/10 years.

Some people like Robert thinks that paying £20,000 for a new p*ddling little Electric Citigo is good value. 

And, I have a other 'bone of contention' with Electric Cars. 

We're told that the Service Costs (and intervals) will be approx the same as Petrol Cars. 

How can that be reasonable. 

No Oil Change, No Filter Change, No Valve Clearances to adjust. 

Just an Electric Motor that runs for ever... 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

@Ronn    
When did you last have Valve Clearance adjusted on a car?  Or do you have some classics that you get serviced?

?

Who is telling us about service costs?   

Just actually look at the service costs of the various EV's and then you can see yourself.

Check out what coolants and oils some EV's are now using. 

So no Oil and Filter, sump plug or Airfilter,  with a trade cost of £30-£40 or less, and no labour for that checked or changed.

Labour being £85 an hour maybe plus VAT.

There are Cabin / Pollen filters. 

There are brakes / parking brakes. Steering, suspension etc still requiring inspections, wipers, tyres, body requiring inspection.

Electric Circuit / Diagnostics and a road test to carry out.

Screenshot 2020-03-12 at 10.58.00.png

• Haha 1

Do you have more screen shots Mr. Screen Shot? 

So if you don't have enough money to buy a car it is not worth the price? Marvelous conclusion. 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ronn said:

We're told that the Service Costs (and intervals) will be approx the same as Petrol Cars. 

No one claimed so.

Mii Electric needs service every 2 years or 30000km. And it can't be more than 100€. That's about it. 

I just replaced a new set of brake discs. And rears surely needed attention. 

My business is to ask more screen shots from you. We all need those. 

• Sad 1

Well, my Skoda CITIGOe iV SEL arrived at the dealer last week but because of an embargo, I wasn't allowed to pick it up until today. So far I'm really liking it.

As regards driving, it's everything I thought it would be and more: it's easy, quiet, and the initial acceleration is WAY faster than I'd anticipated. The salesman warned it me it could kick me back in the seat but I didn't believe him — I thought that was a Tesla exclusive. Having only driven an automatic on a couple of previous occasions, I'm fighting every instinct to change down when I hit traffic or a steep hill! The regenerative braking level takes a bit of experimentation and now I can see why they've done away with the city emergency braking function. In its most aggressive ('B') mode, the car will come to a sudden stop. I found levels one and two just right for general driving and turning into junctions.

On the downside so far...

The domestic home charging cable is a lot shorter than appears to be illustrated. It's roughly three metres, which is a bit of a stretch to our drive, even with a short heavy-duty extension that I'd pre-ordered. I can see myself getting a five-metre version from somewhere.

Also, even though the car is fully charged, it currently shows a maximum range of 107 miles. I questioned this and the salesman (who coincidentally is driving a similar model home as his company car) told me that his was exactly the same and this is normal. The manual says it takes several charges to get a new battery to peak performance and the range indicator increases as it adapts to your driving style. I found this to be the case when I took it for a short spin around town this evening. I mostly had the regenerative braking set to level one and it only dropped one mile despite my driving five more than that.

Finally, a technician at the dealer had rammed the charging cap on upside-down and scratched the edge of the socket. It's very minor and of course not visible when the flap's closed so I'm not too bothered.

It's early days but all seems good; I'm really pleased. I'll post some more when I've done a few more miles in it.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Luckypants said:

Are you in the UK? Does this mean electric CITIGOs are now available to look at / test drive in the UK?

@Luckypants Yes. Coincidentally the salesman who took my order also had an SEL model ready for take-home as his company car on the same day. They were the first two to leave the dealer so I found myself posing for a photo. He said their demonstrator model would be delivered very soon.

I ordered it on 11th January, it was built on 17th February and I collected it yesterday.

20200313_exp_003.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Recuperation works when ever brake pedal is used. So I don't have much use for recuperation levels. I let it roll and when ever I need to slow down I use brake pedal.