It’s finally here!!

The wait hasn’t been as long as some others but 5 months is long enough.

I got to drive it today over to the body shop to have to spoiler fitted, I love it!!!

DA4AD705-FBA6-4167-AF73-FCA388868C40.jpeg

5 months, yeah it is expected, as they need to remove the steering wheel from the drivers seat and reposition it to the front passenger seat while on the boat. Drilling, cutting, you know the story.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nidza said:

5 months, yeah it is expected, as they need to remove the steering wheel from the drivers seat and reposition it to the front passenger seat while on the boat. Drilling, cutting, you know the story.

Sorry,  don't understand this bit about the steering wheel

6 hours ago, Greenie58 said:

Nice, those Alloys look mint.

They wont be on for long! I’ve got Black Turini wheels getting ready to be put on

12 minutes ago, Felvo said:

They wont be on for long! I’ve got Black Turini wheels getting ready to be put on

It's a pity you are on the other side of the world I would have been interested in the Silver ones..

6 minutes ago, Greenie58 said:

It's a pity you are on the other side of the world I would have been interested in the Silver ones..

Shame! 

People here aren’t interested in them. I’ve got them online for $200 aud for 4 and no bites...

• Sad 1

Just now, Greenie58 said:

Im sure the Turini`s will sell eventually.

The silver ones are called Alaris.

im putting the turini’s on. This is what the new wheels will look like!

D1BF893B-60E9-40AC-94BC-BF5B689A928D.jpeg

Just had "Hydrocoat Protectiv" applied to the car after the detail.

Looking very very shiny!

IMG_0746.jpg

• Like 1

So I had some fun this afternoon with OBD Eleven and coding in;

- comfort exit to help get out of the car

- needle staging

- refuel quantity

- high beam assist

- heated seat memory for driver and passenger

Also my most hated this PIANO BLACK GLOSS I decided to wrap the gear stick surrounds in 3M vinyl wrap. Look muuuuuuch better :-)

C6EAF4A6-0CAB-4B0A-956C-F6FC686175BD.jpeg

0C5E5E1D-D8A3-44CE-8FA3-8B3C59E68ACD.jpeg

• Like 3

Went on a drive over to Batemans Bay today, on the way back I took a couple of pics on the country side :)

IMG_0819-1.jpg
IMG_0820-1.jpg

Also the little organiser thingo in the cupholder is great for Mars Bars!

IMG_0821.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Race Blue is a brilliant colour, definitely the best choice.

I prefer the original silver alloys, the black ones look great when clean and with tyre shine on, but once dusty they look really dirty quickly. I'm not a fan of the tyres being darker than the rims, here in the UK that would be roughly 3 miles after cleaning them!

Don't forget and leave the Mars Bar there too long, it'll melt and fill the key hole with sticky nougat :D  

2 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

Race Blue is a brilliant colour, definitely the best choice.

I prefer the original silver alloys, the black ones look great when clean and with tyre shine on, but once dusty they look really dirty quickly. I'm not a fan of the tyres being darker than the rims, here in the UK that would be roughly 3 miles after cleaning them!

Don't forget and leave the Mars Bar there too long, it'll melt and fill the key hole with sticky nougat :D  

I was drawn to it the moment I saw it!

My paint, wheels and glass are coated with a product called “hydrocoat protektiv”. The brake dust doesn’t stick, I chuck water on it and the dust rolls off :-)

Oh trust me, it didn’t remain long at all hahaha

• Haha 1

@Felvo - is that phone holder standard fit in Oz? I've recently bought a MY18 VRS and have the standard holder (same as from my old 2015 Elegance) and thought perhaps Skoda have updated it to accept ever growing phones! Just wonder if someone has swapped them before handover..... Anyone in the UK with a MY18 VRS have the original or new version?

2 hours ago, Ciderspace said:

@Felvo - is that phone holder standard fit in Oz? I've recently bought a MY18 VRS and have the standard holder (same as from my old 2015 Elegance) and thought perhaps Skoda have updated it to accept ever growing phones! Just wonder if someone has swapped them before handover..... Anyone in the UK with a MY18 VRS have the original or new version?

Not sure it is standard over here, but if you dont have one....get one from here:

http://www.theskodashop.co.uk/product/Phone_Holder_-_5E0857630BUS_5E0857630BUS

Only £8