Columbus and DAB

Hi 

I have bought a Superb and it has a small aerial connection in the centre console and the FM tuner says "pure DAB" on one of the presets.  I'm assuming that the previous owner had a Pure add on unit but my question is does the Superb have a built in DAB aerial somewhere and the mini F-type connector is the way to access the aerial, I can't see an aftermarket on screen type but I know some VAG cars have a DAB aerial already built into the wing mirror.  Is this the case with the Superb?

TB 

Edited by toffeeboy

It could be anywhere as it'll depend what the fitter decided on.

If the car did have an OEM dab antenna, it would be part of the sharkfin on the roof, not in the wing mirror. There are a few variants that look similar for GPS/dab/GSM/webasto heaters.

As there are no stick on antennas, I'd be tempted to find the puredab unit and see if you can trace the cable.

It could be two different things. For example, I originally had a Pure DAB module that had a preset on FM, but later fitted a proper DAB antenna and a receiver that plugged in to the MDI USB connector in the centre console, with a connection to a replacement (genuine VAG) antenna with a connection in the cubby box. You didn't by chance (given your North West location) buy your car from Crewe?

Hi again. Looking at some of your other threads I see you were after buying a 170 4x4 estate. In 2012 the diesel estates were rare because the hatch version had an offer on, whereas only the petrol estates had the same offer. There's a chance I know your car if that's what you got, and if so I have a DAB solution for you that works nicely.

5 hours ago, lowedb said:

Hi again. Looking at some of your other threads I see you were after buying a 170 4x4 estate. In 2012 the diesel estates were rare because the hatch version had an offer on, whereas only the petrol estates had the same offer. There's a chance I know your car if that's what you got, and if so I have a DAB solution for you that works nicely.

I've PM'd you!

• 3 years later...
On 19/08/2018 at 07:24, lowedb said:

Hi, 

Sorry to bring an old thread up. Can we please know your DAB solution ? 

Cheers