PID Map updates

netlevi

Hello,

Do you guys know any manual map update methods for the pid? I got the car second hand and did not come with map update voucher. I also tried to update via the Fresh app but there is only 2013 q1 maps available.

IS there a way to manualy update from a map pack?

Thanks

• 4 months later...

Just recently updated my PID using Skoda/Garmin Fresh Software. The maps available trough this service are Q3/2018 (thats if remember correctly). Update it is NOT free :/ it costs £55 and You will get whole Europe. The only problem is, my PID have internal storage of 4GB (minus system files) which leaves not enough room to download the whole European Pack...

Put a microSD card in the expansion slot. The PID will use it as buffer space when it does OS and map updates. You can even set it to store the maps on the microSD, if I remember correctly.

The Fresh map updates are a bit of a rip off at £55.

well, I have 64GB card in the slot as I use my PID also as a music player, and nope - sadly - fresh was showing only device memory...  unless Im doing it wrong...

I will try again later.

I know its not the cheapest one, specially that most of times and most of us are using free google maps, but on one occasion I have left my phone at work and I had to get somewhere and only navigation available to me was my Skoda PID and guess what - lol - post code I've entered was not recognised. Hence mu decission to do update :D

As said above, map updates can be got (free) from the GPSPower website. You need to create an account and then search for Navigon maps - these are the maps used by Garmin. Some 2019 maps are available. Once you've downloaded and unpacked them, the folder contains individual maps for each country. Then delete countries that you know you would never use until the files are down to the correct size. You don't need to use Fresh to do this, just plug the PID into your PC/laptop and after taking a backup, delete the old map files and copy the new ones across. The expansion micro-sd card cannot be used to store the maps - only media files.

John M

Edited by millerhouse
Correction

8 hours ago, millerhouse said:

map updates can be got (free) from the GPSPower website

Well, for me it was a learning curve.. In future i would follow your advice rather than spending money on maps updates I could've spent that money on some gadgets for my Citigo :biggrin:

• 3 months later...
On 17/01/2019 at 01:00, millerhouse said:

As said above, map updates can be got (free) from the GPSPower website. You need to create an account and then search for Navigon maps - these are the maps used by Garmin. Some 2019 maps are available. Once you've downloaded and unpacked them, the folder contains individual maps for each country. Then delete countries that you know you would never use until the files are down to the correct size. You don't need to use Fresh to do this, just plug the PID into your PC/laptop and after taking a backup, delete the old map files and copy the new ones across. The expansion micro-sd card cannot be used to store the maps - only media files.

John M

I've just been trying to find the latest maps for my Garmin PID and I've had very little success. The GPSPower website is completely impenetrable and unless you know what exactly to search for it is unlikely to give up its secrets. Searching for 'Navigon Maps' has hundreds of hits. Can anyone point me at a place to download the maps from? (Fresh is no longer working, even though it shows a Q2 2019 map, it crashes if I try to buy)

I tried a search for Navigon Maps a few minutes ago and they came up on the second page. There's  also one on Page one but doesn't seem to actually contain the maps.

You're looking for:-

Navigon Europe Q2/2019 Fresh Maps MN7 & MN8

They were uploaded by jmermel .

The maps are in a series of files which will require unpacking once they're downloaded

John M

• Thanks 1

On 17/01/2019 at 01:00, millerhouse said:

John M

I did this yesterday and this morning. You have to put the .nfs files from the map folder into the PID as well. The new map will not work with the old ones.