Dc to dc converter

KITKIRK

:inlove: under the front passenger seat of my yeti outdoor is a plastic cover. Having an enquiring mind (nosy) I looked under the cover to find a dc to dc converter module. What do I have that needs a different voltage? In short why is it there?

20 minutes ago, Wino said:

Does the car have start/stop?

If yes, don't they have a voltage stabiliser module that tries to keep system voltage stable even when alternator is not spinning?

I think its to do with the voltage drop on repeated starts during the start/stop, to stop things like the radio from rebooting and all the other gear associated with modern cars.

• Like 2

The bracket under the passenger seat can mount either the amplifier or the voltage stabiliser.

If you have the amplifier then that will be under the passenger seat and the voltage stabiliser will be under the drivers seat.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the help! I've followed up on the parts number and it is a voltage stabilizer. I'm surprised that a piece of solid state electronics with a reasonable power load is placed somewhere that could get quite warm. I'm old from an age when semiconductors where very thermally sensitive. I'm sure I will find something else to obsess about but thank you all anyway!

• Like 1