OBD eleven

Hi. I have the professional version for my L&K. The apps available for mine are:

Driving school mode

Heated Seats Memory

High Beam Memory

Lock / unlock Acoustic Confirmation

DRL Settings in Head Unit

Video in motion 

Headlight Basic Settings

Brake Pads replacement

Lap Timer

Needle Sweep

Oil Temperature in Maxi-dot

Oil Service Reset

High Beam Assist

DRLs off with handbrake

Windows Function from Remote

Brake Discs Drying

Refuel Quantity in Maxi-dot

Headlight Washer

Discover Engineering Menu

XDS Interaction

Seat Belt Warning

Open Door Alarm

Hill Start Assist

Optical Parking System

Air recirculation memory

Auto-folding Mirrors

Battery Charge Level in maxi-dot.

Depending on spec, you might have a lot of these already in your car. I've not used many of them for that reason, though I did enable HBA and memory, also XDS (traction). Also be aware that people who understand coding a lot better than I do warn against using apps as they can change things that are difficult / impossible to change back. I've not had any problems of that kind, but apart from the few changes above I use mine for basic fault scanning in the main.

On MY2017

• Driving School mode MIB2
  • Mirror DIp
  • Heated Seats Memory
  • High Beam Memory
  • Lock/Unlock acoustic confirmation
  • DRL setting in head unit
  • Video in motion
  • Headlight basic settings
  • Brake pad replacement
  • Driving school mode MIB1
  • Lap Timer
  • GaugeTest - Needle Sweep
  • Oil temperature in DIS
  • Oil service reset
  • High Beam Assist
  • DRLS off with handbrake
  • Windows function from remote
  • Brake discs drying
  • MIrrorlink in motion
  • Refuel quantity in dashboard
  • Headlight washer
  • Discover engineering menu
  • XDS interaction
  • Seat belt warning
  • Open door alarm
  • Hill start assist
  • Optical parking system
  • Air recirculation memory
  • Auto folding mirrors
  • Battery charge level

Beware not all of these work if you don't have the correct hardware or may already be enabled if your car has one of the higher specs. High beam assist works well if you have the necessary hardware (camera and bi xenons). You can activate quite a few things by coding too. Although I can't help with that there are a number of threads on the forum devoted to it.

The app is a free download and you can look for yourself with whatever model/year you have before you buy the module.

Edited by TerryMcK

1 minute ago, Bigken6002 said:

The reason I ask is I need to buy an android devise as well as the OBD eleven only really want VIM boot close from the front and HBA 

Might be better to consider a VCDS owner near you (the link below shows owners and locations).

HBA and VIM (which is not legal in the UK I believe) are each 100 credits that you would have to buy in addition to the unit itself, or "earn" them laboriously by watching adverts. It would take you up to 2 months to be able to do both if you don't buy the credits. From memory boot close from the button on the centre console is not able to be coded either using OBDeleven or VCDS.

1 hour ago, drewellis said:

Just realised it's video in motion. Does it work with the tv tuner?

Probably. I'm led to believe that it works OK with the DVD player in an L&K but remember it is illegal in the UK.

The 1986 Construction and Use Regulations said this:

"109.—(1) No person shall drive, or cause or permit to be driven, a motor vehicle on a road, if the driver is in such a position as to be able to see, whether directly or by reflection, a television receiving apparatus or other cinematographic apparatus used to display anything other than information—

(a) about the state of the vehicle or its equipment;

(b) about the location of the vehicle and the road on which it is located;

(c) to assist the driver to see the road adjacent to the vehicle; or

(d) to assist the driver to reach his destination.

(2) In this regulation “television receiving apparatus” means any cathode ray tube carried on a vehicle and on which there can be displayed an image derived from a television broadcast, a recording or a camera or computer."

The regs probably have been amended now to include any type of screen capable of displaying moving video, But notes a to d give exemptions to what we now call infotainment systems, head up displays (infra red enhancing systems that make the view of the road ahead clearer at night) and sat navs.

Edited by TerryMcK

Thanks Terry, to be honest I probably wouldn't end up activating VIM because I'd end up crashing into someone whilst watching Dave...

• Haha 1

Just now, TerryMcK said:

L&K but I think they stopped fitting the tuner after 2016 as my MY2017 doesn't have it.

Yes that's right. It's an £850 option now! I love mine and use it quite a lot but certainly wouldn't have paid that for it...

16 minutes ago, facet edge said:

I'm curious, what's brake disc drying?

I was wondering that too so I did a google search...

https://andrewquadling.wordpress.com/2013/07/23/brake-disc-wipers-a-great-vw-safety-feature/

So what on earth is the MiB infotainment driving school mode?

Edited by BillyJim

On 25/08/2018 at 08:08, drewellis said:

Just realised it's video in motion. Does it work with the tv tuner?

Yes

Be careful using the apps with OBDEleven as they do not always just change what is needed... so if you reverse the change other things stop working also!

On 25/08/2018 at 20:45, BillyJim said:

I was wondering that too so I did a google search...

https://andrewquadling.wordpress.com/2013/07/23/brake-disc-wipers-a-great-vw-safety-feature/

So what on earth is the MiB infotainment driving school mode?

It displays on the infortainment screen the speed you are travelling, how long you been going, average speed and fuel consumption. It also shows which indicator is currently flashing. Not worth activating - a bit like lap timer! 

Edited by TerryMcK
  • Thanks 1