Fabia mk2 sunglasses holder

hello 

just had a sunglassed holder for the MK2 fabia, and when remove the old one, it had a cable attatched.

my fabia is non-sliding/tilting roof. 

whats the old one'scable and the module for?  is that for the roof function can i use the glass holder without any problem?

thanks

5a2bb855N534cdec8.jpg

IMAG1183.jpg

IMAG1184.jpg

32 minutes ago, eesamnomercy said:

thanks for the reply.

it looks like the alarm can not be fixed to the new glasses storage, so will put the older one back on.

It should do mines did clips are different though but it does fit. 

77F4329C-2AF7-424C-A7F6-1E453E994808.jpeg

They were probably £7 a box in the past, but because of Brexit and the Euro, they had an excuse to stick the price up. It seems even fleabay has marked the prices up!

You may want to look at the model number to see if the polo ones will fit. I know the VAG group use parts on all models across the board.

I think they came from the earlier Fabia's first and yeah, i saw them used and on the "Bay" Selling for more then a dealer asks but still, huge mark up and as for Brexit, Thats bull-shine. Things will creep up here and there but not leap. Mostly it will be VAT and excise duty but that is still exactly the same until the deal is done. 

The sunglass older too, went up way prior tp the suggestion of Brexit as again, they knew there was a market so they up the price to test the water. Sell a thousand for 37, nice. Sell 700 for £20 even better. Don't worry about the 300 drop-out customers that decided to forgo the pleasure, take the cash! This also keeps the item more exclusive.

That said, I've sen Chinese versions of sunglass holder (Virtually identical and non-critical part) For under a tenner! I think Skoda list them for around £22-£25 and they used to be about £17.

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/09/2018 at 09:14, Johnfc2017 said:

If you are interested in installing the under seat storage boxes, you can buy them with the screws from theSkodashop: Left hand side, right hand side and fixing screws.

The mk. 1 seats came with the screws already in the bottom - you just had to order the boxes.