Park Assist (PLA 3.0) retrofit on Superb MKIII

Hi!

My 2016 combi L&K came without park assist (parking with self-steering). Does anyone know what is needed for retrofit procedure?
I already have Parking aid (ParkPilot) with 4 parking sensors in front and rear and also parking camera.

As I understand I need to install 4 more parking sensors on the sides. But does the wiring in bumpers already exist for those sensors?
And is there some markings inside of the bumper where sensor hole must be drilled?

Also new button is required for center console and a new parking controller needs to be fitted with some programming.

Has anyone done this and can share some more information?

Thanks in advance!

No, the wires are not there.

You need a new wiring harness for the sensors front and back. Then the additional four sensors, holders for them, new PLA/PDC box, a button and possibly two new rear ABS sensors. Then some coding.

It does not use the parking camera. It relies on the 12 parking sensors. 

I'd suggest trading this in and getting one with it. It wasn't even more expensive with park assist than adding front parking sensors to mine. There will be plenty out there for sale with this.

You weren't thinking you could drill holes in the bumpers to fit were you... It must surely be calibrated to park and it works well. I doubt there's markings. 

I got it mainly for the extra side sensors - it is a wide car. I sort of wish I got the 3D surround view cameras too for novelty value.

3 hours ago, rtj70 said:

You weren't thinking you could drill holes in the bumpers to fit were you... It must surely be calibrated to park and it works well. I doubt there's markings. 

+1

i don't believe the bumpers will have the sensor cutouts, inside or out.

plus the sensors will need to be color-coded too.

Personally I wonder why anybody would go to all the effort of attempting a retro fit  of park asst ,I had it as std and after the initial  play to show the grandkids parking with no hand ,never bothered with it again in 4 years and in no way even pay for it as an extra let alone fitting all the extra censors then getting them to work.

Edited by Sad555
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, IJWS15 said:

You will need the servo/motor for the steering as well - better route is to change the car.

No that is not needed. Superbs (and I guess all new Škoda models) come with electric power steering that acts like "servo/motor".

Have done some investigation that retrofitting PLA 3.0 is not difficult, but neither a reasonable way to go.