When should cambelt be changed on 1.6 diesel?

Not sure about the 1.6 engines from 2012, but if I remember its 130k miles (210k km)  on later models, 112k miles (180k km) on older models. 

Based on the mileage, there is no need to, but as stated above

- Cambelts wear due to aging, so 5-6 year max is recommended as by manufacturer specifications)

- Waterpump is a known issue.

Just replace both and you're for sure good to go.

I have same engine and same year. My book says cam belt at five years from new then every four years but Skoda now says every five years max. BUT there is also a mileage limit on the belt (40,000 miles?) which you need to check as it does not apply to me with my low usage.

The Lie is told by Skoda on websites that leads owners to believe 'Belts will be inspected /checked',  ones that can be seen might be. might not be.

http://skoda.co.uk/finance-and-offers/service-and-maintenance/simply-fixed 

The Miles / km & time advice changes by World Region / Country.

If you own a car from new and think you can go longer between replacements then maybe do, if you buy used maybe go for sooner rather than later it is all a lottery.Expensive if you get the guess wrong.

6 hours ago, langers2k said:

I hope you mean 140,000 miles ;)

Yes I did. The question mark was because I knew it was around there but not exact. This morning I checked in the book and it reads  every 210,000 km, which is 130,000 miles.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I went away for a week just as I posted the original question and have just returned.

I was just settling into the cosy glow of not changing it until 130,000 miles but after your advice I will get it booked in ASAP

Thanks for the information.

• 3 weeks later...

Just for information, I have just picked my car up after having the cam belt and water pump changed by my local 'indy' (thought that was music!!) garage and was charged £285. D. Harding,  Royston, South Yorkshire.