Multiple Warning light and Glow plug on

Wooduck1

After successfully repairing my car following a front corner accident last year which required minor welding the car was ready for a test drive.

However the front wipers didn't operate so I decided to check all the fuses in the dash and beside the battery.

The ignition was off with the keys out, finding no failed fuses the ignition was turned on and the engine stated as normal but now there were many warning lights lit. 

Before the only light on was the SRS airbag which had not triggered the airbags  Also the engine was limited to 2500rpm max whilst stood.

Now the glow plug light was on permanently and the engine warmed much quicker than usual and the cooling fans gone into overdrive.

I've read the OBD code with simple U208 reader and tried to reset the only DTC which is an ABS code with no luck.

The warnings showing in orange are: Exhaust EGR, Steering, Lights, Airbag, ABS, Brakes in red.

Have tried a battery disconnect reset but no joy.

I used to have access to a Snap On Solus diagnostic PC, but no more, so looking for advice on a reasonably priced unit to diagnose and reset stored codes including SRS and diagnose ABS and brake warnings.

Any suggestion gratefully received.

The only reason the wipers didn't work was the bonnet lock inhibiting them...

1 hour ago, Wooduck1 said:

Also the engine was limited to 2500rpm max whilst stood

This is normal, if it can rev higher, then that actually isn't normal

I've read the OBD code with simple U208 reader and tried to reset the only DTC which is an ABS code with no luck.

You'll need VCDS or better (ODIS) ... in some cases, universal solutions like Delphi (depending on their versions) might help you, but not completely

Have tried a battery disconnect reset but no joy.

You're a bit of an optimist for expecting to clear the stored faults by disconnecting the car battery ... if anything, you can only make more of them appear, as certain modules go to sleep after losing power

• Like 2

Xmas lights on dashboard can indicate discharged/dead battery. 

Working fan and engine warming quicker - and smell of burned rubber at the back of the car - would suggest active regen. 

Sorted with VCDS and researching Briskoda using common Fault Code number to many Sectors " 01316 - ABS Control Module  "- no signal / comms . Found a Fabia owner with almost exactly the same Symptoms :

ABS warning in yellow

Brake warning in red

Glow plug yellow flashing

Steering warning in red

Tyre pressure in yellow

Lights warning in yellow

Many many fault codes.

Suggested reaching fuses

Really simple when checking the engine bay fuses again after battery disconnect.

F4 powering ABS valves was missing having been refitted in F5 location by another.

Cheers for the advice.