Trevorb33’s Fantasygreen Fabia 1.8t build take 2

TrevorB33

Got the Fabia dash out this afternoon, need to spend a hour or so stripping the relay/fuse/wiring out of the ibiza required to run the ecu, and then swap it into the Fabia, it’s a horrible job getting the old insulation off especially in cold weather. Job for another day. 

Tempted to do something with the Fabia while it’s all out, I might look for a facelift dash or get this one flocked or something 

0F30C91D-0E06-43EA-9F36-72927C95698E.jpeg

• Like 2

Impossible! I looked at a range rover a few years back that had all its wood trim flocked. It probably looked good when it was first done but when I viewed it was just covered in dust and fluff.

The owner said it was a nightmare to keep looking good and basically just a dust trap.

• Thanks 1

On 27/12/2018 at 15:24, TrevorB33 said:

Required relays stripped from Ibiza loom, horrible job with the sticky insulation :x, still that’s the hard part. I’ll get it installed maybe this week sometime. Then I can get the Fabia interior back together then it’ll just be the mechanical stuff left. 

8B7B633C-F50B-4969-9E0A-8E2484C0ED9A.jpeg

31D0FBA4-704F-4EE1-AFC5-164F8AF08E5E.jpeg

I don’t envy you doing all this wiring work Trevor, I hate it! Will everything function just as it should when back together or are you removing lots of things as you go?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lofty said:

I don’t envy you doing all this wiring work Trevor, I hate it! Will everything function just as it should when back together or are you removing lots of things as you go?

Fabia loom will remain original with these relays added in so everything will stay oem central locking/windows/heating etc, looks worse then it is, these will be run separately so the Fabia loom doesn’t need to be opened up 

2 minutes ago, Lofty said:

That last picture Trevor, it makes me want to get into the empty engine bay and clean/polish everything up, will you be going down that semi-bufty route?

The old engine had leaks pretty much everywhere, it’s certainly grimey :tongueout:,  I’m not in a major rush to get the other engine in so I should have a coupe of hours to give the empty bay a good clean. I’ve actually got a steam cleaner that should do a pretty decent job too, I’ll just get hold of some degreaser. It’s never going to be show quality at the end of the day it’s a £100 17year old Fabia lol

Good progress today as only had a couple off hours.

Exhausts off both cars, Fabia was still original and in one piece lol amazing, subframes and power steering pumps removed off both, the steering rack was in poor shape on the Fabia and steering pump was original so swapped the lot including pump as it’s all five years newer.

Shifter mechanisms swapped.

intercooler fitted up to Fabia,

heater matrix pipes fitted to Fab.

wirings all loose on Ibiza so it’ll be slave cylinder to undo and swap tomorrow and then engines ready for out 

55890DE5-086C-43DD-9427-A4F24C7EE195.jpeg

129D72BE-50C2-4C8B-93F2-2FDA9FB65A53.jpeg

• Like 2