Boot storage solutions?

HI, anyone got a decent storage solution for the boot space next to wheel arch? Or any other storage solutions generally for boot space. I've already got the under parcel shelf storage tray.

Want to store some car chemicals to use for quick detailing, window cleaning, bird poop removal.

Had considered a black 5l water proof bag like this - but kinda ugly looking. Kinda hoping there's a box bag solution that fits the space just right.

s-l1600.jpg

5859DEC2-1CEC-4102-82AF-F9E8B35FA7C7.jpeg

Edited by JimmyUK

I have the Auto Finesse detailers kit bag in that exact space but I had to take out the black plastic guard in-order for it to fit properly (If I remember correctly)

https://shop.autofinesse.co.uk/detailing-accessories/detailers-kit-bag

But the amount of times this bag has saved my life, I keep quite a lot of stuff in there too, from waxes, shampoo, MF cloths, brushes, QD, window cleaner, Interior cleaner, the list can go on & on, the trouble is the bigger the bag the more you will look to fill it up :D but on the other hand you will have everything in quick access should you need it B)

Or get a Autoglym detailers bag, just have a look on eBay etc, I think the Autoglym bag will fit without having to remove the black plastic guard but the Auto Finesse one is the dogs nuts ;)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-AUTOGLYM-Red-Valet-Kit-Branded-Empty-Case-Bag/302887263437?hash=item46857cdccd:g:th0AAOSwIMBbnlL7

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Autoglym-Lifeshine-Detailing-Kit-Bag-for-VW/192666837604?hash=item2cdbd6a264:g:DokAAOSwWudbpmsL

Edited by BATVANVRS
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, BATVANVRS said:

I have the Auto Finesse detailers kit bag in that exact space but I had to take out the black plastic guard in-order for it to fit properly (If I remember correctly)

https://shop.autofinesse.co.uk/detailing-accessories/detailers-kit-bag

But the amount of times this bag has saved my life, I keep quite a lot of stuff in there too, from waxes, shampoo, MF cloths, brushes, QD, window cleaner, Interior cleaner, the list can go on & on, the trouble is the bigger the bag the more you will look to fill it up :D but on the other hand you will have everything in quick access should you need it B)

Or get a Autoglym detailers bag, just have a look on eBay etc, I think the Autoglym bag will fit without having to remove the black plastic guard but the Auto Finesse one is the dogs nuts ;)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-AUTOGLYM-Red-Valet-Kit-Branded-Empty-Case-Bag/302887263437?hash=item46857cdccd:g:th0AAOSwIMBbnlL7

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Autoglym-Lifeshine-Detailing-Kit-Bag-for-VW/192666837604?hash=item2cdbd6a264:g:DokAAOSwWudbpmsL

Awesome thanks. Any pics? 

I asked Auto Finesse for dimensions and internal shot.

Edited by JimmyUK

Very similar to @BATVANVRS; although I got the AutoGlym detailing pack bag (came with the car) which fits on the RHS wheel-arch space, secured to the 'strap' with a mini-karabiner. The other (LHS) has the plastic insert left intact, with all my EDC kit (e.g. tyre-weld, hi-vis, tools, etc.). Everything else is secured on boot floor with Halfords boot net bought yonks ago, but fits nicely and does the job well.

Planning on getting the under parcel shelf storage tray at some point too, mainly for making the LHS space less 'busy'.

• Like 2

A few pictures as promised :thumbup:

Took a picture of the middle compartment open so you can see how much stuff you can fit in there (all 500ml bottles or slightly above) the other 2 compartments also have stuff in like Korean MF wax towels, wash mitts, waxes etc.

D26563E7-5C5A-4E17-BE7A-E0EB9154C223.jpeg

859010CD-D07E-4FC6-82DA-09E2E12A1149.jpeg

E705D851-FAE1-4928-AB8D-58AC91676E2C.jpeg

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, BATVANVRS said:

A few pictures as promised :thumbup:

Took a picture of the middle compartment open so you can see how much stuff you can fit in there (all 500ml bottles or slightly above) the other 2 compartments also have stuff in like Korean MF wax towels, wash mitts, waxes etc.

D26563E7-5C5A-4E17-BE7A-E0EB9154C223.jpeg

859010CD-D07E-4FC6-82DA-09E2E12A1149.jpeg

E705D851-FAE1-4928-AB8D-58AC91676E2C.jpeg

Thanks for taking the time to snap these pics. :thumbup:

I'm a little torn as I'd like it to be a little less deep (to keep plastic divider in place) and probably taller too for these big old bottles.

FC9B31F4-C89E-480E-9A63-AD4A7730F8CB.jpeg

Edited by JimmyUK

Yeah I understand what you mean but then you might have to compromise on that factor, I did! I found it hard to find a bag of decent quality that would fit in that gap & house large bottles so I just said to myself ":swear: it I'll just buy a detailing bag that is easy to carry, looks good & I will just use 500ml bottles, It is purely for emergency's only & I'm not using the bag as my main detailing supplies every weekend or fortnight etc, that's what my stuff is for when I'm at home.

I think you will find it hard to (A) find a bag big enough to fit 750ml - 1 litre bottles & still be small enough to fit within the plastic divider? & (B) You will want something that just holds the essentials, something you can use from time to time when out an about & when maybe at a car show.

Buy some smaller clear empty bottles (250ml - 500ml) trigger or non trigger & fill them up from your big bottles so you keep the big bottles at home with your main stock.

46 minutes ago, BATVANVRS said:

Yeah I understand what you mean but then you might have to compromise on that factor, I did! I found it hard to find a bag of decent quality that would fit in that gap & house large bottles so I just said to myself ":swear: it I'll just buy a detailing bag that is easy to carry, looks good & I will just use 500ml bottles, It is purely for emergency's only & I'm not using the bag as my main detailing supplies every weekend or fortnight etc, that's what my stuff is for when I'm at home.

I think you will find it hard to (A) find a bag big enough to fit 750ml - 1 litre bottles & still be small enough to fit within the plastic divider? & (B) You will want something that just holds the essentials, something you can use from time to time when out an about & when maybe at a car show.

Buy some smaller clear empty bottles (250ml - 500ml) trigger or non trigger & fill them up from your big bottles so you keep the big bottles at home with your main stock.

That's a good shout on buying smaller empty bottles. 

• Like 1

On 26/09/2018 at 15:42, Russ77 said:

I got one of these, it contains 2 hi-vis vests, a bottle of QD and a microfibre cloth with plenty of room to spare :)

I've just bought one of these after your recommendation. Just the job, and very happy with it- thanks!

On 26/09/2018 at 15:42, Russ77 said:

I got one of these, it contains 2 hi-vis vests, a bottle of QD and a microfibre cloth with plenty of room to spare :)

Thanks Russ77, I ordered the same one. It fits in the right boot recess very well and cheap as chips - attractive to a Scotsman...

• Like 1

Pic attached. This is the smaller of the two bags that are in the link that Russ77 posted. A good size for the recess - not a massive bag but I don't carry the much in the way of cleaning, just leather cleaner, cockpit shine, scratch remover and some cloths.

The bag has a velcro tab on base and back of the bag; the latter isn't much use as the bag doesn't reach the recess but I've ordered a karabiner from ebay to connect the top strap (as seen in the pic) to the luggage strap as Ads230 has done.

20181001_220534_resized_2.jpg

• Thanks 1