Who's up for a Sportline?

The Zee

With the 2.0 TSI engine it should liven things up a bit.  The main reason I did not put my money down on the 1.5 was it seemed a bit dull compared to my 2.0 TSI Superb.

Just waiting for the Paris show to hopefully get a bit more info on spec & options, oh and probably a 500 year delivery time-frame.

I was waiting for this too, having seen the specification recently I'm not that sure anymore. Mainly 19" wheels and pano roof. The biggest draw is the engine, I have a 220 octavia vrs at the moment. So far I've tried to get a 220 superb sportline with no success (stopped production), a new VRS 245 (not available), karoq sportline (not available) and a golf GTI performance (only 2019 available but spec likely to change so I could be signing up for ANYTHING!). Not a good time to be looking for a new car. 

I don't want to go back to a 1.5 but I'm not paying 30k for the karoq sportline so time will tell

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, pee81 said:

Are they definitely doing a sportline?  When’s it due?

See https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/press-releases/paris-motor-show-2018-two-skoda-presentations-live-online/

I believe cars can be specially ordered through your UK dealer - may be configurable on-line as from 2nd Oct but not certain on this point.  Not certain, either, when UK pricing will be released.  More should become clear next week.

The sportline is in the new brochure but no prices. Without looking it should have a 190ps 2.0tsi (Which is making 220ps in it's current form), a bodykit, 19" wheels and a few other things over the SEL spec. I'd be very surprised if it can be ordered since it's not on any configurators (although I can configure a golf GTI that has yet to be passed through the tests) and preliminary guesses say just under 30k which is frankly ridiculous. Like I said earlier, time will tell. Right now skoda and VW aren't building a car I would buy!

Looking at the spec, drops some things over SEL 

eg no varioflex seating, no retractable luggage cover

SportLine (over SE L)

WHEELS
19" Vega antracite alloy wheels

EXTERIOR
Panoramic sunroof
SportLine badge on front fender
Black roof rails, door mirrors and radiator grille Sports front and rear bumpers
Rear diffuser
Metallic paint
Protective side door sills in body colour

INTERIOR
Sport seats in SportLine fabric with Thermoflux and silver stitching Fixed seats*
SportLine decorative inserts with SportLine badging
3-spoke leather sports multi-function steering wheel (silver stitching)

Black roof headlining
Door steps in front with SportLine logo
LED interior light package and ŠKODA welcome logo Aluminium pedals

ENTERTAINMENT AND COMMUNICATION
Welcome animation with SportLine logo

COMFORT AND CONVENIENCE
Electrically operated boot
Rear boot cover (solid)

*Please note: SportLine includes fixed seating and rear boot cover (solid). Foldable table on front seat backrests not available on SportLine.

Lots more information at https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/press-kits/skoda-at-the-2018-paris-motor-show/skoda-karoq-sportline-the-new-sporty-suv/

Haven't yet seen details of whether the UK spec will differ, and no prices either.  Personally I'm interested in the Scout version, but again. no confirmed prices on Skoda UK site, nor confirmed UK specs.

As my name suggests Im no longer a fan of SEAT, partially due to them selling me a beta test version of the Leon FR but mainly because the local dealer is beyond contempt and cannot be trusted to do anything.

That not withstanding I wouldnt compromise the Karoq for that particular FR, its not a good looking car at all to me.

On 01/10/2018 at 20:56, SurreyJohn said:

Looking at the spec, drops some things over SEL 

eg no varioflex seating, no retractable luggage cover

SportLine (over SE L)

WHEELS
19" Vega antracite alloy wheels

EXTERIOR
Panoramic sunroof
SportLine badge on front fender
Black roof rails, door mirrors and radiator grille Sports front and rear bumpers
Rear diffuser
Metallic paint
Protective side door sills in body colour

INTERIOR
Sport seats in SportLine fabric with Thermoflux and silver stitching Fixed seats*
SportLine decorative inserts with SportLine badging
3-spoke leather sports multi-function steering wheel (silver stitching)

Black roof headlining
Door steps in front with SportLine logo
LED interior light package and ŠKODA welcome logo Aluminium pedals

ENTERTAINMENT AND COMMUNICATION
Welcome animation with SportLine logo

COMFORT AND CONVENIENCE
Electrically operated boot
Rear boot cover (solid)

*Please note: SportLine includes fixed seating and rear boot cover (solid). Foldable table on front seat backrests not available on SportLine.

Where did you find those specs and did that place also have the Scout specs? 

Orion BG

Take a look at http://www.skoda.co.uk/SiteCollectionDocuments/downloads/brochures/karoq_pricing_specs.pdf.  Other information available via Skoda-storyboard.com site.

Skoda UK appear to have applied one or two tweaks to the European specification (eg only varioflex seats and 19" wheels) on the Scout.

Haven't seen any confirmed prices yet, not even on Skoda.cz web site.

1 minute ago, Portman said:

Orion BG

Take a look at http://www.skoda.co.uk/SiteCollectionDocuments/downloads/brochures/karoq_pricing_specs.pdf.  Other information available via Skoda-storyboard.com site.

Skoda UK appear to have applied one or two tweaks to the European specification (eg only varioflex seats and 19" wheels) on the Scout.

Haven't seen any confirmed prices yet, not even on Skoda.cz web site.

Thank you for the link!

BTW are those "Protective door side sills" like the ones on the Kodiaq (that pop out when the door is opened) or something completely different? Ideas?

2 hours ago, OrionBG said:

BTW are those "Protective door side sills" like the ones on the Kodiaq (that pop out when the door is opened) or something completely different? Ideas?

I'm guessing they're the chrome/aluminium rubbing strips along the bottom of the doors.

On 02/10/2018 at 22:22, silver1011 said:

If you want a sporty Karoq, buy the 2.0 TSI 190PS SEAT Ateca FR Sport instead, after discounts it'll be cheaper...

Capture.JPG.285b845f912dd0734c74e67b361bbb60.JPG

Looks horrendous 

On 08/10/2018 at 12:58, Portman said:

I'm guessing they're the chrome/aluminium rubbing strips along the bottom of the doors.

You are probably right. I wonder why they did not put such a "simply clever" option for Karoq...