Dtuk (again, sorry guys)

20 minutes ago, Stevekirsop said:

So one last question then can you have the box installed but switched off? Or do you have to completely remove ? How do you switch it off 

No you can have it installed but not doing anything. Setting 1 to setting 2 to setting 3 to off. Then when you press the setting button again, it'll return to setting 1.

Also you don't have to keep switching it off, once you've turned it off or selected a setting, it stays there until you make a change to it.

I bought the CRD3+ box from Dtuk and installed it myself on my 2013 VRS TDi about 2 years ago. 

Its ran perfectly fine and provided noticable improvement to general drivability and torque.  Everyone has preference to their favourite settings, but I was just happy on Program/Setting 1:1.

I ran the car on vPower throughout so can't comment on fuel saver setups. 

Noticable improvements to consumption if driven "normally". 

No lights, errors, stutter or issues with Boost Sensors (as reported on earlier versions of the vRS & DTUK boxes). 

I removed the entire system last week, and opted for a custom remap now that my car is no longer on a warranty agreement.  If your interested in it, get in touch. 

On 06/10/2018 at 09:01, Stevekirsop said:

So one last question then can you have the box installed but switched off? Or do you have to completely remove ? How do you switch it off 

comes with a blanking plug as well so you can remove the unit but leave the harness and run the car as stock

On 06/10/2018 at 06:19, Tim1631 said:

Do not get one. I had problems with the car going into limp mode. 

what DTUK unit and car did you have (mileage etc)? im sure they sell thousands without issue, perhaps you had some underlying issues sensors etc, its not uncommon.

On 05/10/2018 at 13:33, JohnnyType2 said:

err no it doesnt have anywhere near 260 your thinking petrol 530i

its 218 stock up to 231, the '530i' has 258

https://www.auto-data.net/en/bmw-5er-e60-530d-218hp-9601

If he’s referring to the newest 530d then it’s 265ps - the 530i actually has less.

OP - I ran a CRD3 on my Octavia and it was a great product I thought. Just don’t be fooled by the false MPG readings you’ll get on your trip computer.

• Like 1

On ‎05‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 13:33, JohnnyType2 said:

Errrr no the ones produced since 2017 have 261bhp. FACT.  The one to which you refer that produces 218 hasn't been produced for 13 YEARS

Edited by carrock

On 05/10/2018 at 13:33, JohnnyType2 said:

Current BMW 530D has 265PS 261HP Standard and has 457 lb ft of Torque. 0-62 is 5.7 seconds so a hell of lot faster than diesel and petrol Octavia even though it weighs a lot more. Plus if you tune a 530D to even the playing field again your talking 320 HP plus.

530i has 251PS It is actually a 2.0 litre 4 cylinder turbo so 6 more than standard 245 and half second quicker to 62

Edited by teescom09

12 hours ago, teescom09 said:

Current BMW 530D has 265PS 261HP Standard and has 457 lb ft of Torque. 0-62 is 5.7 seconds so a hell of lot faster than diesel and petrol Octavia even though it weighs a lot more. Plus if you tune a 530D to even the playing field again your talking 320 HP plus.

530i has 251PS It is actually a 2.0 litre 4 cylinder turbo so 6 more than standard 245 and half second quicker to 62

Apart from that the 5 series is a lovely refined car that doesn't promote or encourage sporty driving. I borrowed a 520d m sport for the weekend and it was sublime. far more comfortable and refined than anything I have ever driven. but it is the weight of 4 passengers heavier than my VRS so not ideal for chucking about

On 05/10/2018 at 06:54, wardth said:

There is always the alternative; a JB4. The DTUK and other similar boxes don’t have any control over the Air/Fuel Ratio. The JB4 has this facility and also it is much more advanced and can control more parameters because it has an ODBC connection, which the DTUK and others do not. Those “in the know” go JB4.......... oh and while you are at it, add up the cost of the DTUK box, pedal box and DSG Flash; not much change out of £900. Now while using a box as opposed to a map will reduce the likelihood of being found out by the dealer in the event of a warranty issue, I have serious questions over the validity of “flashing” your gearbox if the vehicle is still under warranty. Dealers are not dumb and the box ECU has a checksum too and and changes to it would be visible on a detailed diagnostic should you be claiming for an issue....... I’ve not got any axe to grind with DTUK or similar, just be aware of the alternatives and risks with ALL alterations to the vehicle if it’s warrantied.....

What's an ODBC Connection?

• 1 month later...
On 05/10/2018 at 09:22, Stevekirsop said:

Turning into a great thread guys, thanks very much. Those with the box what map settings are you running?

Steve, follow this link and read the section that mentions “which is the best setting"

ttps://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/frequently-asked-questions/

• 2 months later...