Brake drums painted

SimonJ

Sorry, bad description. I meant the wheel center cap, looks like that one is riddled with whiteworm.

Just had to twist my dealers arm to replace all 4 on the VRS under warranty. The ones on my Citigo need changing as well...

Or is it just a reflection of the stones on the ground?

Edited by Eltezz

• 7 months later...

I thought the drums on my Citigo looked so shabby in the 'grey primer' finish, they deserved to be painted. I considered black but went with 'graphite' in the end. Callipers and drums were painted with a brake paint kit from Amazon (brush was standard 1/2" brush) and the drums now look like discs at a quick glance... A VW up! GTI parked next to me at work and I was surprised to see that they come with nothing better than the 'grey primer' drums as well!

Ft4Upx.jpg

PJaTVM.jpg

Edited by aerofurb
Correction to paint colour

8 hours ago, aerofurb said:

I thought the drums on my Citigo looked so shabby in the 'grey primer' finish, they deserved to be painted. I considered black but went with steel grey in the end. Callipers and drums were painted with a brake paint kit from Amazon (brush was standard 1/2" brush) and the drums now look like discs at a quick glance... A VW up! GTI parked next to me at work and I was surprised to see that they come with nothing better than the 'grey primer' drums as well!

Ft4Upx.jpg

PJaTVM.jpg

Thanks for the information even though I really should check my messages before posting. 🤦‍♂️

That's a great job and looks really good. I think with the silver Apus alloys on my Citigo, the graphite would be a good colour choice.

The kit you linked to, comes with 250ml of paint. Was this enough? How many coats did you need? Did you bother to remove the Calipers? Thanks,

Edited by Westbury63

I gave each drum and calliper two coats, went on really easily (with the 1/2" brush supplied 🙂) and I reckon there's enough in the tin to do three more Citiogos!

I didn't paint the main wheel contact area of the drum to ensure the wheel still sat directly on the drum. As well as giving the drums and callipers a good clean with the cleaner provided in the kit, I scuffed up the surface a bit with Scotchbrite pads. Note of caution, a steel wire brush could be used on the (steel) drums but shouldn't be used on the (aluminium) front callipers.