Oil spec for Octavia III 1.5ACT petrol engine

1 hour ago, Offski said:

fabdavrav,

See if you can find the Table applying to 'all VAG service item' with the Skoda Mk2 Fabia vRS 1.4 TSI 132kw Engines as were sold in Australia.

Service Code for Oil Changes, Manufacturers Guidelines for Spark Plug changes.

eh??..

Aus is classed a QI4 fixed service as I said before...& the spark plug intervals are not specific to engines (usually) & are done to the classifications as I listed above.

I would be 99% confident in that info that I have for MK7 Golf also being for other VAG cars built from 2013...

It should in theory also apply backwards due to the way VAG write the books.....

However........without paying for the MK2 Fabia service books I do not know 100%.....

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Offski said:

Seems a lot you do not know by going by what you see as referring to all VAG when it might be VW / Audi and not Seat or Skoda.

err??...I never claim to know more than I do...

as far as your question Aus is classified as QI4...by VAG & that applies to all VAG cars.....

The tables of affected countries including the shortened spark plug intervals is "round robin"..ie those lists/tables are generic & based on the countries..not the cars or engines...these tables are then copied into all service manuals...no matter if Skoda/Audi etc.....as country based on the climate, fuel, dust, …& all cars will meet those same conditions no matter the VAG brand or engine...

That is why I stated 99%.....just in case there is the remotest chance of an "odd" item in the specific service manual for that car which goes contrary to the main service tables....

I strongly suggest that if you want to keep calling me out you go & buy the Fabia MK2 service book from VAG as you are soo interested in it...& the if there is anything different you can come back here & prove it...

Edited by fabdavrav
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Offski said:

cheers,

I have the Manual for Mk2 Fabia which is why i asked you as you seem to depend too much on what you see about VAG when often that is VW / Audi.

Having had VAG cars & worked on then also for 24yrs I understand the differences between the brands & the separations which must happen due to brand....but  climatic conditions in countries are not brand dependant..so that is why I stated what I did....

So you have the Fabia MK2 Manual...so I'll ask you the question you asked me.... 

""See if you can find the Table applying to 'all VAG service item' with the Skoda Mk2 Fabia vRS 1.4 TSI 132kw Engines as were sold in Australia.

Service Code for Oil Changes, Manufacturers Guidelines for Spark Plug changes."""

is it different to what I stated??….& include a scan of the tables like I did where it is different please....

Well there are Mk2 Fabia vRS that are in Australia that have Q16 codes and are not Fixed Service intervals.

As usual some of these were excessive Oil users and Skoda / VW Australia were onto the Breather Mod version 2 & a software update with those and then replacing oil spray jets & another software update but never changed anything with a TPI recommending Fixed Service intervals.

(A helpful Australian member might send me a picture from their Build Sticker.)

Simply Clever owners did fixed servicing and did not use the recommended Long Life oil.

Skoda sometimes are not as VW are.   Maybe they did different with Euro 5 Polo GTI 1.4TSI Twinchargers in Australia but i doubt it.

& the Fixed Service codes were QG01 / QG02. 

Changed 2012 with some Skoda Mk2 Fabia later than the same engines in the VW, SEAT & Audi had.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/259799-service-codes-and-monte-on-variable-servicing

Edited by Offski

15 minutes ago, Offski said:

Well there are Mk2 Fabia vRS that are in Australia that have Q16 codes and are not Fixed Service intervals.

As usual some of these were excessive Oil users and Skoda / VW Australia were onto the Breather Mod version 2 & a software update with those and then replacing oil spray jets & another software update but never changed anything with a TPI recommending Fixed Service intervals.

(A helpful Australian member might send me a picture from their Build Sticker.)

Simply Clever owners did fixed servicing and did not use the recommended Long Life oil.

Skoda sometimes are not as VW are.   Maybe they did different with Euro 5 Polo GTI 1.4TSI Twinchargers in Australia but i doubt it.

& the Fixed Service codes were QG01 / QG02. 

Changed 2012 with some Skoda Mk2 Fabia later than the same engines in the VW, SEAT & Audi had.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/259799-service-codes-and-monte-on-variable-servicing

My info only goes back as far as 2013 max.....I got rid of older...so I was working on current classifications. Which is why I stated I was 99% certain just in case there was something I did not know....as you were asking about a car which is 6yrs older than the cars in this thread & a different model & platform.....I was posting using info correct on the cars MQB platform & age in this thread, & the current after 2013 generic round robin info...

You really do just like upping your post count by starting off topic/irrelevant arguments...

Discussion not argument,

you say something as a fact about VAG based on something by VW on Golf etc backed up with VAG stuff / tables etc.. 

Skoda will publish stuff say in 2009/2010 that was written and printed in 2009 and then not revised even as models change, and they still have errors and typos in when going into vehicles 4 years later.

It was a pity that some had to have to argue with Factory Trained Technicians and others that the wrong Quantity of oil was being used just because this update was not available, and as well as that owners were getting things wrong.

referring here to the CBZA & CBZB engines and the 3.6 or 3.9 engines.  (the table even updated still have a Oil Capacity Error with another engine which was never corrected by VW / Skoda.)

59fc1f3e14a29_SkodaFabiaengineoilcapacities.PNG.a7f691f357f02cfe9ea07e59c3b0eff3.PNG

Edited by Offski

15 minutes ago, Offski said:

Discussion not argument,

My original posts were correct about the info as its info after 2013 & the classifications are to countries regardless of the car brand or model or engine....plus the info is "round robin"..& anyway the MK7 Golf specific stuff that I also have is MQB platform ..which the car in this thread is also...& also uses the same engine etc....

You then decided to be stupid & bring up a older model & small platform type just to try to catch me out as your question is totally irrelevant to this thread & forum sub section.

I knew this which is why I stated that to be 100% I would need to buy that cars manuals.

Just stop starting arguments/irrelevant posting to up your post counts...…. you're showing yourself up...& not doing this forum any good...

• Haha 1

For those that might read this and have a WLTP / RDE tested VW Group petrol engine car that left the factory with VW 508/509 0w 20 FS LL oil and are going to keep it on Variable Servicing but use VW504 00 5w 30 FF LL oil this is what was being published.

Screenshot_20180414-061447.png.ad6ebc941f71f4e7a77cecf5e55307c4 (1).png

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Offski said:

For those that might read this and have a WLTP / RDE tested VW Group petrol engine car that left the factory with VW 508/509 0w 20 FS LL oil and are going to keep it on Variable Servicing but use VW504 00 5w 30 FF LL oil this is what was being published.

Screenshot_20180414-061447.png.ad6ebc941f71f4e7a77cecf5e55307c4 (1).png

pretty much what I said on page one of this thread...

• Haha 3