DCC and 19 inch wheels

I’m ordering a new L&K but I’m not a big fan of the standard Pegasus wheels and much prefer the Trinity which are similar to the ones fitted to my MKII L&K. The only problem is I see a lot of reviews which say 19in effect the ride and comfort excessively so avoid them. However, I guess most of these reviews are based on the lower spec cars which do not have DCC and would expect that this should compensate for the thinner side wall on the tyres. Anyone had any experience/comparisons of 18/19 inch wheels and DCC.

I have no experience with adaptive suspension systems on cars but my experience with it one’s on my bikes has always been positive.  

The DCC is very good,

I used 17” winter wheels a couple of years ago and to be perfectly honest there was not a lot between the ride compared to my normal 19” summers, so much so that I now also use 19” winters. 

• Like 1

The 19" + DCC combo on mine is a lot better than the 18" no-DCC on my previous mk2 Octavia RS.

I think if ur going 19", definitely get the DCC.

It's not going to be Rolls Royce smooth, but it will help with the ride improvement.

Have the 19in with DCC on mine and as other mentioned, the ride is perfectly acceptable. I have 17in as winter wheels and yes it is a bit softer, but not really that noticeable. You notice it when you change in autumn for about the first 10 miles, then forget about it until spring when you put the 19in back on, and apart from thinking "wow it looks so much better on 19s" you notice its a little bit stiffer, but again only for the first few miles. Nothing to worry about in my opinion, I have certainly been in cars that ride so much more harshly on wheels nowhere near as big at 19in.