MY2019 vRS orders who's got what coming?

9 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Try the road from Costco to the Queens Hotel roundabout, that smooth enough.

Brakes, tyres & fuel are all consumables hence, they're gonna get used. Better still, they get paid for outta the joint account & the wife out earns me 2 to 1 so, my 12k miles per set of tyres only costs me every 36k miles or, bout the same as yours, SIMPLES

Likewise SWMBO earns more than me so pays for my fuel by giving me £200 per month to fuel the fleet and she gets her car cleaned by me for FREE.:inlove:

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Try the road from Costco to the Queens Hotel roundabout, that smooth enough.

I know exactly the road you mean and I have already :) exception to the rule though

I had doubts about my colour choice after seeing photos on here of the white and seeing a silver one in the showroom but once I seen it for the first time knew it was the right one. Loving it so far but haven't put as many miles on it so far as I'd like.

Couple of little things to order soon then would like to fit mudflaps at some point. 

IMG_20181222_152605.jpg

IMG_20181222_152630.jpg

• Like 2

Mines arrived, havent been far yet but Im enjoying it! Need to get all my LEDs in it along with my nets and stuff. Im happy with the DCC and virtual cockpit so far just got a few things to work out still. Its a bit overwhelming having the new dashboard and the DSG to work with at the same time lol

20181224_121713.jpg

• Like 3

Looks great in that colour

5 hours ago, ExSEAT said:

Mines arrived, havent been far yet but Im enjoying it! Need to get all my LEDs in it along with my nets and stuff. Im happy with the DCC and virtual cockpit so far just got a few things to work out still. Its a bit overwhelming having the new dashboard and the DSG to work with at the same time lol

20181224_121713.jpg

Looks great in that colour. I'd like a way of fixing the dsg 'delay' in auto modes at times, I'm sure it's programmed to behave like a slush box on purpose. Only way round it manually drop it a gear with the paddle in order to get the go coming out of the corner instead of delay.. Oh I need to go and down change. I'm too used to manuals still lol

Edited by Scotty72
  • Sad 1

On 24/12/2018 at 20:07, Scotty72 said:

Looks great in that colour

Looks great in that colour. I'd like a way of fixing the dsg 'delay' in auto modes at times, I'm sure it's programmed to behave like a slush box on purpose. Only way round it manually drop it a gear with the paddle in order to get the go coming out of the corner instead of delay.. Oh I need to go and down change. I'm too used to manuals still lol

It's software makes it learn & therefore, it goes soft on you if you've been non-spirted driving. Using the paddles is just temporary manual, you need to throw the DSG gear stick left to engage full manual.

I've fitted a TCS from DTUK which remaps the software NOT to learn & go soft, it also makes the changes faster clamps the plates harder creating a harder performing car.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

It's software makes it learn & therefore, it goes soft on you if you've been non-spirted driving. Using the paddles is just temporary manual, you need to throw the DSG gear stick left to engage full manual.

I've fitted a TCS from DTUK which remaps the software NOT to learn & go soft, it also makes the changes faster clamps the plates harder creating a harder performing car.

Well non spirited driving is 95% of what the car does being a family run around. Esp with my wife driving it most of the week. So it only learns 'family' mode. I gave it a good spanking a week ago in the evening in sport manual mode on my own.. So I know it goes just fine just can't do this most of the time. It was running cooling fans for quite a while after I stopped the engine lol

5 minutes ago, Scotty72 said:

Well non spirited driving is 95% of what the car does being a family run around. Esp with my wife driving it most of the week. So it only learns 'family' mode. I gave it a good spanking a week ago in the evening in sport manual mode on my own.. So I know it goes just fine just can't do this most of the time. It was running cooling fans for quite a while after I stopped the engine lol

Thats pretty much where I am. It eill spend its weeks travelling the 9 miles to work at a low average speed (takes about 35 minutes to an hour) hence the DSG in the first place. Will get the odd blast now and then but seems Im going to end up with a self taught slushy gearbox lol

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ExSEAT said:

Thats pretty much where I am. It eill spend its weeks travelling the 9 miles to work at a low average speed (takes about 35 minutes to an hour) hence the DSG in the first place. Will get the odd blast now and then but seems Im going to end up with a self taught slushy gearbox lol

Sport auto is better but not for most of the driving the car will do lol

I can't remap the ecu or tcu sadly as VWFS own the car.

20 minutes ago, ExSEAT said:

Yeah well that's what the Octavia is all about, a family car with a bit of go to keep Dad happy, making it too hard-core isn't what 99% of these cars is about. Going stage 1 is common & cheap therefore, cost effective & common, Stage 2 or 3 is less cost effective & common better is something of Dad's dreams.

ok since I can't go near any ecu or tcu remapping I'm now trying individual mode, currently everything normal save for sport mode on the DSG and the quietest setting on the sound. Driving just normally its way better at slower speed pickup but it now holds gear that bit too long so overidding sometimes with manual upshifts. lol Anyway seems to be giving me way better mpg round town.. will test some more to confirm lol

51 minutes ago, Scotty72 said:

ok since I can't go near any ecu or tcu remapping I'm now trying individual mode, currently everything normal save for sport mode on the DSG and the quietest setting on the sound. Driving just normally its way better at slower speed pickup but it now holds gear that bit too long so overidding sometimes with manual upshifts. lol Anyway seems to be giving me way better mpg round town.. will test some more to confirm lol

If it's just the gearbox you're trying to put in sport, then use the selector, pull it back once you're in drive and it swaps to sport. I find this quicker than swapping drive modes.