Octavia VRS Estate - No reverse sensors!

I've recently bought a 2nd hand VRS. It was advertised as having parking sensors. It is only after I drove away I realised there weren't any (very silly, I know).

The dealer maintains it never had sensors, however it has a reverse sensor button below the stereo. It's not a blanking plate, it's a pushable button. My theory is that the rear bumper has been replaced and the system has been somehow deactivated. 

Can somebody please shed some light on the situation for me?

Thanks.

PS if anyone knows a way to check a vehicles original configuration that would help massively.

You can get the original build data from the VIN using https://erwin.skoda-auto.cz/erwin/showHome.do

Any pictures of the button as assuming it only had rear sensors there wouldn't normally be a button...

You can also check behind the boot lining on the left hand side. An OEM module and wiring should be there although it's much harder to check if it has a CD player fitted there.

Thank you for the helpful advice. I had a quick look for module and couldn't see it. But it's rather dark and cold. Will search again tomorrow.

See the attached images of parking sensor button. Just seems odd that the button be there.

20181024_205557.jpg

20181024_205610.jpg

I specified front parking sensors for my Scout (rears were standard fit) and the location of the 'P" button in that image is different to where mine is located (directly next to the TCS button. 

Unless the button was located differently in the vRS, it could be possible the rear parking sensors were installed by a previous owner and have subsequently been removed. 

As said above, the button was only ever fitted if there are also front parking sensors.

With rear only sensors they are automatically engaged when putting  the car in reverse. They disengage when you then start going forwards. 

When you have front sensors too, they are also activated when putting the car in reverse, but they don't disengage until you are going over about 10mph or you press the button. 

You can also press the button to enable them when driving forwards into a space etc. 

• 2 weeks later...

I checked with Erwin as suggested and it seems the car did not originally have reverse sensors.

No idea what the superfluous button could have been used for. But the car has been a police fleet vehicle so maybe a blues n two's button? Who knows.

I love the car but there have been a much as of small issues with it. I've now found that the primary air inlet cover is missing!