Felicia driver's seat upgrade?

Evening,

I've had my Felicia since June and, on the whole, I quite like it except that I find the driver's seat extremely uncomfortable. Has anybody else found this? And are there any quick and easy upgrades? I plan to go on a 1k+ mile trip around Scotland next March but, as it is, I'm going to have to hire a car as I couldn't travel all that way with the current seat :-(

Edited by BobTheEvilPenguin

There is one "quick and easy", although little hard to find resources.. Small percentage of Felicias was shipped with side airbags. These have backrests from Octavia, which mean that they are differently shaped, little higher and it's possible to implant adjustable lumbar support. But I'm affraid these are extremely rare in UK. I've only seen them in cars imported from Austria.

Very rare but I've seen it once on the scrap yard (few years ago) Felicia L&K with leather seats...  I've asked if I can buy seats for my Felicia 1.9D but they were "reserved" for someone who spotted them earlier.... damn!

felicia27_57ea4f2e439a9.jpg

Edited by Lyminton

FYI I just found passenger (driver in UK) side seat with airbag for cheap on one of Czech scrapyard shops for cheap :)Link here

I don't know if they ship to UK, but I think it's worth try for that price

2 hours ago, Papez said:

I don't know if they ship to UK, but I think it's worth try for that price

Sadly no Czech company ships car parts (new/second) farther than neighbouring countries. The only solution is through a Czech friend ;)

• 2 years later...
On 28/10/2018 at 19:43, BobTheEvilPenguin said:

I find the driver's seat extremely uncomfortable. Has anybody else found this? And are there any quick and easy upgrades?

I had the same concern as you many years ago, i like the mountain roads with curves and i found my factory seat a uncomfortable especially on the highways because has a ''support" on the area that the spine rests

so here are the options:

1) You replace both seats to look good with after market '''Racing style" plus new rails but this means extra cost, my wife said to me when i suggest it ''simply NO WAY".

2) You give your seat to a car upholstery shop to make a modification so would look "like a Recaro" as they say which means will reinforce the sides but automatically you forget the after market seat covers and you will go for a custom made.

3) You buy 2 front seats from another car but this means extra work to the repair shop for the railways plus you have to buy 2 kinds of seat covers because the ''original'' will not fit.

4) You can modify a little bit your seat which means you remove it,put it down to a table or even to the floor and with a sharp knife you remove some of the factory sponge especially on the area that i mention before

thus your body will rested a little bit better ''inside" the seat, i have done it (was my idea before the auto forum era) and i am very happy all these years.

With the 3rd way you can buy seat covers with factory dimensions which they will fit with no problem.

Here are mine,you can not see the difference but when you sit is much better than the factory one but i wish i had adjustable seats as other expensive models.

TRUSTY- (44).JPG