Any MY19 cars delivered yet?

Rob8980

She looks great, I love that shiny new look that you only get with a brand new car!

A shot from under the hood would be appreciated, but only after you've finished enjoying your new ride!

3 hours ago, silver1011 said:

She looks great, I love that shiny new look that you only get with a brand new car!

A shot from under the hood would be appreciated, but only after you've finished enjoying your new ride!

I think enjoying this ride will never stop. Test drive was over 9 months ago and apparently I did not remember what a great car it is. The 1.5TSI DSG7 combination is so comfortable/quiet.

Just to be clear (for some people). I live in The Netherlands.......................

Edited by BramBam
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BramBam said:

I think enjoying this ride will never stop. Test drive was over 9 months ago and apparently I did not remember what a great car it is. The 1.5TSI DSG7 combination is so comfortable/quiet.

Just to be clear (for some people). I live in The Netherlands.......................

Is yours 5 seat or 7 seat? I am led to believe 7 seat version has 6sp DSG

• 3 weeks later...

The running boards would finish that off nicely!

I hope they either took it out of the showroom or put the windows up and locked it after you agreed to buy it, you don't want any randoms sitting in your new car breaking stuff.

Are they throwing in the roof bars!? :D

2 hours ago, silver1011 said:

The running boards would finish that off nicely!

I hope they either took it out of the showroom or put the windows up and locked it after you agreed to buy it, you don't want any randoms sitting in your new car breaking stuff.

Are they throwing in the roof bars!? :D

I’ve been thinking about getting the running boards...any idea how much they are??

not throwing in the bars...I don’t really like them I prefer the Thule wingbars as they sit much more flush and look way better.

Drove mine today for the first time, quite surprised by the ride quality with the 20’ rims, it’s far smoother than our current 18 plate xtrail that’s on 18’s! Noticeably better.

got a nice surprise also as dsg paddles on the wheel  now standard on the MY19 sportline. I thought they were an option as the configurator had it down as an add on as far as I knew.

hopefully taking delivery later this week, if not late next week.

98B0E656-9612-41D2-9D3E-F9B5F3F98600.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Love love LOVE mine. Had her for about 3 weeks and washed it within an inch of is life. Great car and great looking. My only issue is I find it quite laborious from a dead start. That being said I am nursing her at the minute as it's brand new and probably being quite light on the noisy pedal. That aside is a great car. Can't tell you the difference between the my19 and 18 tho bar a bit of stitching

IMG_20181222_145839_262.jpg

• Like 2

Delivered 15th December 2018. Edition 1.5 tsi dsg 7st 2wd (heated windshield, seat & steering wheel, Drivers package including ACC, Areaview Cam, children pack).

Awesome car, it was well worth the 7 month wait.

The Adaptive Cruise Control ACC is superb, makes motorway driving so easy, I love the personalisation of driver profile, makes it easy to drive off, even if SWIMBO was the last to use it, all I do is adjust the rearview mirror and the car takes care of the rest.

Areaview cam has come handy in tricky situations but not used frequently, still trying to justify the price, on the plus side, it comes with all round sensors. 

Cant get skoda connect to work properly (says error on the infotainment but seems to work on phone app) or I don't know how to use it as it has not really served me.

Had some power drop issues but still looking into that, excluding that I think it was my best decision in 2018. 

20190102_101857.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sabertooth said:

Areaview cam has come handy in tricky situations but not used frequently, still trying to justify the price, on the plus side, it comes with all round sensors.

It's very useful for not curbing the alloys in car parks and the like, and for parking close to the kerb (not in the middle of the road like some people do). Pretty sure it would be of use off-road too, but I reckon yours is about as likely to experience that as mine (same spec - only MY18 1.4TSI and a few less heating elements!).

Hate to burst your bubble though - it still only has front + rear parking sensors. If you have side sensors too, then you must have ordered park assist?

12 hours ago, WiggosSideburns said:

It's very useful for not curbing the alloys in car parks and the like, and for parking close to the kerb (not in the middle of the road like some people do). Pretty sure it would be of use off-road too, but I reckon yours is about as likely to experience that as mine (same spec - only MY18 1.4TSI and a few less heating elements!).

Hate to burst your bubble though - it still only has front + rear parking sensors. If you have side sensors too, then you must have ordered park assist?

Avoiding kerbing is exactly why I have specified it. It is a pity that one cannot keep it on for driving down narrow streets.

51 minutes ago, CBM said:

It is a pity that one cannot keep it on for driving down narrow streets.

Can't you just press the "P" button to activate the camera? You'd have to stay below the "cut-off" speed, but if the road is that narrow you probably would anyway.

30 minutes ago, gojoholo said:

Can't you just press the "P" button to activate the camera? You'd have to stay below the "cut-off" speed, but if the road is that narrow you probably would anyway.

You can, but as the cut-off is 9mph, you have to drive *very* slowly. Besides, assuming the street is narrow because of cars parked on either side etc., you're not going to kerb the wheels before smashing the wing-mirrors anyway. The one time I did use it in that way (and drove slowly enough) was getting on/off the Channel Tunnel trains, especially when getting to the stairwell bits in the carriages - those bits are rather narrow!

I find it's more useful for when you get to the end of the narrow street/drive/whatever, and can use the front fish-eye view to see round the corner both ways before sticking your nose out further than a couple of inches.

The overall 'area view' thing is a bit useless - the picture of the car is so oversized (for obvious reasons) that it makes it look like you've parked a tank in a normal parking space. The 3D views are more disorientating than helpful. But each individual camera on its own is priceless in different situations.

11 hours ago, gojoholo said:

OBD11 and presumably VCDS can up the cut off speed for the cameras.

Picked ours up this afternoon.

2019 model 2.0tdi 190 edition 7 seat dsg in petrol

blue, with reversing camera, heated steering wheel and flappy paddles, spare wheel plus panoramic roof.

not sure what the rear traffic al system listed is (not read the book yet)

409DD456-A1BC-4D24-9B4C-200DD6D00A58.jpeg

Edited by milkymarsh
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, milkymarsh said:

I warns you about oncoming cars which you cannot see from behind the other parked cars, when reversing from parking spot somewhere at the supermarket parking lot.

11 hours ago, linni said:

when reversing from parking spot somewhere at the supermarket parking lot.

It works in other places too, not just the supermarket. :D

On a more serious note - it doesn't just warn you (solid tone, unlike the beep-beep-beep of the parking sensor) and show you (sector from each back corner on the display turns red), it will also apply the brake if you ignore it.

• Like 1

On 04/01/2019 at 20:27, milkymarsh said:

Picked ours up this afternoon.

2019 model 2.0tdi 190 edition 7 seat dsg in petrol

blue, with reversing camera, heated steering wheel and flappy paddles, spare wheel plus panoramic roof.

409DD456-A1BC-4D24-9B4C-200DD6D00A58.jpeg

First leisurely drive today. Everyone loving it and a very relaxed drive (only had a 15min drive before ordering the car due to shoulder op). Engine very tight as you’d expect, but over mixed a road driving at the speed limit the car returned 41.3mpg. Happy with that and over the coming weeks I am expecting it to improve further.

Loving the sunroof and the led headlights. Standard radio isn’t too bad either (wanted the canton system, but it would have pushed it over the £40k list price mark)