Vrs 230 electro mechanical diff

Does anyone know what year if the electro mechanical diff was fitted too?

im looking at purchasing one and notice it was fitted when launched but dropped at some point.

was this when the 220 was dropped or the 245 launched? 

MY19 245s which are the MY18 230 replacement models due to WLTP emissions have them standard. This is what I just got this week with VAQ and 7 speed DSG.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nidza said:

If you buy new vRS, they should all be with 245 HP and with VAQ differential, as a standard.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Yes you are correct as I said basically this above :)

• Like 1

Definitely worth finding one with VAQ. I've had many FWD hot hatches and in comparison, this 245 is remarkable around corners in the dry (granted it's no Quattro or X Drive etc.)

Excellent decision by Skoda to equip the new petrol vRS with it. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Swirly182 said:

Definitely worth finding one with VAQ. I've had many FWD hot hatches and in comparison, this 245 is remarkable around corners in the dry (granted it's no Quattro or X Drive etc.)

Excellent decision by Skoda to equip the new petrol vRS with it. 

A can only agree a says the man who just got one. It's doesn't a handle like any other fwd car I've ever owned before! :)

5 minutes ago, gRoberts said:

Isn't this the same as xds? I've got a FL SE Tech coming soon and it's listed in the specs?

Nope - XDS just uses the ABS system to brake an inside wheel, there's no mechanical diff element.

This explains it in brief:

https://www.pacificvolkswagen.com/blog/benefits-of-golf-gti-xds-cross-differential-system/

20 minutes ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

Nope - XDS just uses the ABS system to brake an inside wheel, there's no mechanical diff element.

This explains it in brief:

https://www.pacificvolkswagen.com/blog/benefits-of-golf-gti-xds-cross-differential-system/

Gotcha. Cheers

Edit: is vaq the unit that attaches to the gearbox and acts as an e-diff? When previously looking, it came up but not sure if that's xds+ or something different?

Edited by gRoberts

22 hours ago, gRoberts said:

Gotcha. Cheers

Edit: is vaq the unit that attaches to the gearbox and acts as an e-diff? When previously looking, it came up but not sure if that's xds+ or something different?

Vaq is attached to the gearbox. Sooooo much better than without. 

Xds is just  through braking the wheels. 

• Like 1