19" Xtreme Alloys - Silver?

Forgive me posting yet again!

I am preparing to go and look at an Octy vRS tomorrow in Rallye Green.

However, quite literally, another one has just appeared on the Skoda Approved Used website which is within budget and only 90 miles away, so planning on going to take a look.

It's in Corrida Red and it's listed as having the "Black Design Pack" but then it also says "19" Xtreme Silver Alloy Wheels". Will these be the ones I've seen numerous pictures of? Or is there a colour variation on these wheels?

This one comes with a space-saver spare, so an immediate expense out of the window. It also happens to have a 9.2" Columbus fitted. Is the main difference that still has the HD over the standard option?

Cheers for all your help over the previous few weeks. May have a good update at some point tomorrow :)

I'm sure I'll be corrected if wrong, but I thought they only came in Dark Grey* and Black (on the 230 and 245) with diamond cut detailing.

* I can't remember the fancy name they use for dark grey.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, j1mg said:

I'm sure I'll be corrected if wrong, but I thought they only came in Dark Grey* and Black (on the 230 and 245) with diamond cut detailing.

* I can't remember the fancy name they use for dark grey.

*   anthracite

The new 245 has a paid option of Silver Extremes, perhaps the previous owner had them powercoated/painted Silver 

Do you have a link to the Car ?

• Like 1

I do, but it's so new on the site there are no pics yet:

https://usedcars.skoda.co.uk/en/used-cars/skoda/octavia/vrs-hatch-2017-20-tsi-vrs-230ps-tdbt3m9

I've spoken to a nice chap at the place. He tells me it belonged to the service manager, they get them on short-term deals and then sell. From the registration date, this one is a year old.

It's well priced and mileage around where I wanted.

I actually asked him about the wheels, he confirmed they were the 19" Xtreme. I then said "in silver"? He said that now he was confused and he'd have to go find it and take a look.

I've seen the Xteme's in their natural colour and think they looked OK. If there was a silver variant I wanted to see before journeying, although when you're buying "previously enjoyed" then things like colour are rarely top of the priority list.

Black Design Pack Plus (according to the link showing spec) comes with the 19" Extremes in anthracite as standard so either they swapped or got them painted or something...

Here's what they look like in Silver on a Race Blue VRS via Autocar review...

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/skoda/octavia-vrs/first-drives/skoda-octavia-vrs-long-term-review

Hope that helps.

Edited by Ciderspace
  • Like 1

Again, thank you all. As this was a dealership staff car, I'm thinking some kind of "lease to staff" deal? In which case he probably wasn't supposed to start painting wheels :)

Anyway, I've got my day planned.

15 miles to look at a Rallye Green with the Black Design Pack

A further 10 miles to look at a Race Blue more or less standard specification.

Then finally another 60 miles to look at the Red one as detailed above.

I'm not afraid to walk away from them all if they don't feel right, but got a feeling might be making a purchase tomorrow.

Silver 19” extremes certainly were a factory option on fl vrs until this year, I’ve seen a few and depending on colour of car can look well in my opinion. I’m not 100% sure but I don’t think they have the diamond cut finish the the anthracite ones have which is a plus point if they ever needed refurb. Enjoy the shopping!!

50 minutes ago, Corrida15 said:

Silver 19” extremes certainly were a factory option on fl vrs until this year, I’ve seen a few and depending on colour of car can look well in my opinion. I’m not 100% sure but I don’t think they have the diamond cut finish the the anthracite ones have which is a plus point if they ever needed refurb. Enjoy the shopping!!

All varieties (gloss black, anthracite and silver) of the Xtrem have the diamond cut finish. 

On the topic of the Black Design Pack, I think that is different to the Black Design Pack Plus. Only the Plus came with the wheels, so maybe the car was specced with just the Black Design Pack, which includes the grille, trim etc and then silver Xtrems as a separate option. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kenai said:

On the topic of the Black Design Pack, I think that is different to the Black Design Pack Plus. Only the Plus came with the wheels, 

I had a 63 plate TDi MKIII Vrs and that only had the Black Design pack.  It didn't include Sunset glass from the " B " pillar or the rear screen either

Things might have changed though...................

36 minutes ago, Kenai said:

All varieties (gloss black, anthracite and silver) of the Xtrem have the diamond cut finish. 

On the topic of the Black Design Pack, I think that is different to the Black Design Pack Plus. Only the Plus came with the wheels, so maybe the car was specced with just the Black Design Pack, which includes the grille, trim etc and then silver Xtrems as a separate option. 

Thanks for clarifying that point Kenai.

1 minute ago, Corrida15 said:

Thanks for clarifying that point Kenai.

To be even more of a wheel geek, it's different with the 18" Geminis. With those the anthracite variant has a diamond cut finish but the black and silver variants don't. 

9 minutes ago, Kenai said:

To be even more of a wheel geek, it's different with the 18" Geminis. With those the anthracite variant has a diamond cut finish but the black and silver variants don't. 

You know your wheels! I did know that about the Gemini’s which is why I guessed the same might have applied to the extremes in silver but that was wrong of me to do so! I used to have a Saab 9-3 with silver/ machine polished wheels and never saw the point as you can’t see the difference until you’re right up close! 

So I've been shopping:-

Race Blue, standard 67 plate Petrol, manual vRS. Very tidy car. Was higher mileage than the other two I went to look at, but all in all a contender.

Rallye Green, 17 plate, Petrol Automatic. I wasn't prepared for how well this looked all shiny and under the lights. Car had the Black Design Pack Plus, Space-Saver spare and unknown to us and the seller (not Skoda dealership) the Canton setup.

I wasn't particularly bothered about Canton, I'm not an audiophile, but it really did look good. 18 month old, very close to us not travelling the additional 70 miles to take a look at the other one.

Corrida Red, 67 plate, Petrol, Manual. Lowest mileage of all 3 and actually the cheapest of all 3 - also the most "northern" one, so probably accounts for price?

Black Design Pack Plus, Space-Saver spare and the Columbus SatNav.

Took some serious decision making, went off for some lunch......have placed a deposit on the Corrida Red one and will be picking up next Saturday.

Will post in the relevant/correct forums once I've taken delivery.

Cheers all for the help over the last few weeks.

• Like 2