Karoq 1.5 TSi manual - 2nd gear flat spot ?

Rustyman

On 26/03/2019 at 22:22, driventodevon said:

Similar tale here (except mine is a Superb 1.5 TSi); my dealer said last week, in response to my observing that we are pretty close to Q2 and therefore it might be expected that Skoda have more information or a better timeline, that he had no more information at all.

I feel your pain 

Hi 

Well it's April the 1st and my Karoq has be in for the software update (let's hope it's not an April Fool) 

although it says on the paper work car juddering and pulling away which was not my problem 2nd gear issues was. On driving it home and using 2nd gear as l always have, it did not display the engine dieing in low revs so let's hope that's the end of if. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I started it cold today for the first time after the software update...It does not kangaroo, but it can bog down ever so slightly.  To be fair it could be me now, as I am sensitive to these issues...but it is definitely an improvement.  It still drives and responds well with no sign (so far) of zero throttle response.  I have noticed, however, when cold it seems to hang on to the handbrake a little longer...you know you are pulling against it.  Is this to load the engine or cause the driver to push the accelerator a little more...who knows?  I am monitoring the consumption as well to see if there is an impact...with the driving I do it currently does 39 mpg.

1590913607_Screenshot2019-04-01at15_41_10.png.aa09f2489b078ead8c4a774aeea04f77.png283748990_Screenshot2019-04-01at15_41_02.png.1853d12bff19ff9bd642d9492624069b.png

Edited by Rankaclank
  • Thanks 1

Visited a Skoda retailer today to get the o/s door lock/latch replaced and asked the service manager were there any Q2 updates available for my Karoq yet, her answer was no  :wondering: