"Cubby-Hole" Right side of the boot space

Looking in the boot of my car, I can see that there is some minimal storage space on the left hand side. On the right, there is a gap, with what looks like a clip/strap and it just looks like it's the size for something to sit in there.

On my Mk2, the cubby-hole was on the left side and I bought what can only be described as a soft box (genuine Skoda part) that had velcro across the bottom. This was absolutely perfect as I could store thinks like a small first-aid kit, torch, bird crap removers etc.

Is there anything similar available that can be purchased that simply velcro's into this cubby-hole?

Would love to get those kind of items back in the boot without them looking a mess.

Thanks.

I think it's really good for the price. There is velcro on the side and bottom, but I don't know how effective it is, because mine is sitting in the l/h cubby-hole, and the plastic divider keeps it in place.

A word if warning though: once I got one, I ended up getting a bit carried away, and purchased the boot netting stystem, under parcel shelf net, under parcel shelf multifunctional tray, cargo folding bag, and some additional velcro storage nets for the sides of the boot, like these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2PC-Pack-Car-Hook-and-Loop-Storage-Nets-Car-Boot-Organisation-By-TRIXES/361965323326?epid=5017019601&hash=item5446d0843e:g:~oAAAOSwOd9a7Fk8

They're just the job for de-icer etc. The trouble is now that most of my boot is taken up by 'innovative storage solutions', leaving less room for the actual storage :-)

Edited by Vashtar

32 minutes ago, Vashtar said:

, and some additional velcro storage nets for the sides of the boot, like these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2PC-Pack-Car-Hook-and-Loop-Storage-Nets-Car-Boot-Organisation-By-TRIXES/361965323326?epid=5017019601&hash=item5446d0843e:g:~oAAAOSwOd9a7Fk8

They're just the job for de-icer etc. The trouble is now that most of my boot is taken up by 'innovative storage solutions', leaving less room for the actual storage :-)

Now they look really useful! Order placed.

you can buy the removable plastic slider and rails (same as the LHS)  that turns the RHS cubby hole into a pocket, you wont have the same space on the left because of the ventilation grill which needs a certain amount of space to function (stops cabin pressure when you close the door etc.)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JohnnyType2 said:

you can buy the removable plastic slider and rails (same as the LHS)  that turns the RHS cubby hole into a pocket, you wont have the same space on the left because of the ventilation grill which needs a certain amount of space to function (stops cabin pressure when you close the door etc.)

Do you happen to know where I can get those from?

Cheers.

I've got the plastic slider and rails on both sides of my MY17 1.5 TSi. They were then from factory.

Would the bags from Amazon fit inside the cubbyholes comfortably with the plastic sliders fitted or would they need removing first?

Mine fits in really well with the slider still in place. Almost as if it was designed for it (it wasn’t). I’ve only got one on the L/H side though, my car hasn’t got one on the R/H side, so can’t vouch for that- though I suspect that it probably would fit just fine.

I can try and take a photo tomorrow when it’s light if that would be of any use?

Edited by Vashtar
Wayward autocorret

I'm going to have to pop in to my local dealership I guess, unless I can find the partcode so I can just buy the rails for the otherside. I really like the idea of rails both sides each with one of these bags, will give me all the storage space I want for the "little things".

49 minutes ago, Vashtar said:

Mine fits in really well with the slider still in place. Almost as if it was designed for it (it wasn’t). I’ve only got one on the L/H side though, my car hasn’t got one on the R/H side, so can’t vouch for that- though I suspect that it probably would fit just fine.

I can try and take a photo tomorrow when it’s light if that would be of any use?

Yes please!

I used the empty clip to attach a bog standard first aid kit, probably similar to the one that came new with the car, the one that the previous owner stripped out, together with all the other removable bits that were in the boot, under the seats, in the fuel flap, under the boot floor... ah well never mind.

As promised!

Its a snug fit (like I said, almost built for the job), and hasn’t moved an inch since I put it in there. (I haven’t used the velcro attachment, didn’t see the need).

It’s resting  on top of an extendible  wheelbrace, so you might find it sits slightly lower in your car.

3FFAAB6B-F23F-4D3D-91FA-07DA69B2C502.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vashtar said:

As promised!

Its a snug fit (like I said, almost built for the job), and hasn’t moved an inch since I put it in there. (I haven’t used the velcro attachment, didn’t see the need).

It’s resting  on top of an extendible  wheelbrace, so you might find it sits slightly lower in your car.

I've just moved mine over to the left side as well and it really does look great. If I can just replicate that on the right side. I'm going to print-off that picture from above and take it to the main dealers and tell them the 3 parts I'm after, so much easier than trying to explain.

1 hour ago, Stoofa said:

I've just moved mine over to the left side as well and it really does look great. If I can just replicate that on the right side. I'm going to print-off that picture from above and take it to the main dealers and tell them the 3 parts I'm after, so much easier than trying to explain.

Yep, I'm surprised how good it works and looks- and all for a couple of quid. Let us know how you get on- if it's doable without having to remove the engine/gearbox/roof, I'd give it a go myself. It just makes the space a bit more useable.

Edited by Vashtar

On 25/11/2018 at 09:03, Vashtar said:

As promised!

Thanks - ordered!

I don't want to hi-jack this thread but I want to use the earth for the 12 socket pictured for my rear view cam but how does the socket come out?

I have another 12 volt socket wired from the fuse box behind the glove box running the wire hidden to the rear but can't find a suitable earth - at the moment I using the shopping bag mounting screws but it looks 'orrible.

Edited by YMe

if I may use the thread - are there such elements for estate model, but with double floor and Canton? I have been looking for such solution for a wile. Especially bothering is the empty space above the canton subwoofer...

On the other side i have put one of those bags which on the double floor is a bit high :)