Sat nav

The Amundsen+ takes updates on an SD card, during the update the card is wiped leaving it useless.

From a dealer, it's £200+ as you've found out.

I think there are cheaper sellers on eBay as the copy protection used on the SD card has been figured out. It's basically piracy but it's up to you want you do :)

Thanks for the reply guys, i was told I would need a disc to update my satnav by Skoda is this true, i have looked on eBay but couldn't find the right sd card for my Octavia 2012 admundson+ satnav, if anyone knows a link to which one it would be, i would really appreciate it, i defiantly want one.

Regards john.

Hi  Shackman,

You can update the Amundsen+ with SD but only use a V9 set of maps and not V10. The V10 has an error from the factory that will cause it to restart frequently.

I got mine from eBay for a RNS 315 it was about £30. They're claimed 2017-2018 maps but more like 2015-16. The V11 maps will probably be more like 2016-17 but glad I updated.

• Thanks 1

Timely thread for me. New commute and find that I'm regularly 'off-road' on structures that don't look that new, so I've followed Andy's advice above and got a V9 card on its way. RNS310 in my case.

I think we're gonna need more than that @shackman1975...

Firstly, are you driving in a field ;)

Assuming you're not, did the satnav work before you updated the maps and what exactly happened when you inserted the SD card?

What happens if you hold "setup" for about 10-15 seconds and click "versions"?

That all seems correct as V9 maps are 0069.

Just to confirm, did the satnav work before the update?

The most likely thing to causing being in a field would likely be a faulty GPS antenna. Is the location even remotely right if you zoom in or out?

Yes satnav did work before update but used my phone satnav because it was more up to date, with the new update near where I live I drive down a road and the car location is of the road, it's where all the houses and fields are, also before and after the update when searching for an address it couldn't find but my phone could a bit disappointed to be honest..

20 minutes ago, Andy230 said:

@Me-109 the RNS310 only updates via the CD ROM drive. It doesn't update from the SD card

Not true, originally it was only CD then they moved to SD cards only. I think the changeover was about v4 or v5.

1 hour ago, shackman1975 said:

Yes satnav did work before update but used my phone satnav because it was more up to date, with the new update near where I live I drive down a road and the car location is of the road, it's where all the houses and fields are, also before and after the update when searching for an address it couldn't find but my phone could a bit disappointed to be honest..

As in the older maps had the road on it and it's disappeared? Or was the road never on the maps?