Upgrading to Rear Vented Brakes

Thanks bud. I agree with what you say about the ATE pads - they are not primarily performance oriented, but they get the job done just fine.

It's hard for me to compare the ATE pads directly to the stock pads since the rear setup was completely changed. I did some twisty mountain roads on the ATE pads and it wasn't too bad. If I could compare them, I'd describe the ATE as feeling very linear under foot, but I have to brake a bit earlier and more gradually to get the cornering speed right. On the other hand, the stock setup I felt more confident to be able to brake hard and late when I wanted to. The difference in dust is very noticeable though, which is ultimately why I'm okay with the ATE pads.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 03/12/2018 at 01:27, shyVRS245 said:

My advice would be trade up to a 245 and fit HEL braided stainless lines and DOT 5.1 motorsport spec brake fluid (cost me £300) and the braking is epic, confirmed around Snetterton race circuit and have only triggered the hazard lights once when trying really hard.:notme:

Looking at the HEL braided brake lines, does anyone know if my mk3 vRS 162 (220hp) 2015 has the 10mm or 12mm rear banjo?

On 03/12/2018 at 01:27, shyVRS245 said:

My advice would be trade up to a 245 and fit HEL braided stainless lines and DOT 5.1 motorsport spec brake fluid (cost me £300) and the braking is epic, confirmed around Snetterton race circuit and have only triggered the hazard lights once when trying really hard.:notme:

Looking at the HEL braided brake lines, does anyone know if my mk3 vRS 162 (220hp) 2015 has the 10mm or 12mm rear banjo?

• 10 months later...

I am interested in ATE Ceramic pads and ATE vented rotors as a replacement of the stock ones on 125k km.

The stock one just don’t stop that good anymore. I greased the brake pins and dealer changed the brake fluid. There is still “meat” in both in my current rotors and pads, but I still have to press the pedal harder than before in order to stop.

I am looking for aftermarket alternative and am interested in ATE products.

Edited by fr1nklyn

18 minutes ago, fr1nklyn said:

I am interested in ATE Ceramic pads and ATE vented rotors as a replacement of the stock ones on 125k km.

The stock one just don’t stop that good anymore. I greased the brake pins and dealer changed the brake fluid. There is still “meat” in both in my current rotors and pads, but I still have to press the pedal harder than before in order to stop.

I am looking for aftermarket alternative and am interested in ATE products.

Have you got 288mm or 312mm diameter front brake discs?

The 312mm diameter brake discs on the Octavia MK3 is a TRW system not an ATE system.

On the 312mm system, the OEM part number of the brake pads is 8V0698151B and the OEM part number of the front discs is 1K0615301AA

Skoda Octavia 2016, floating caliper brake front PR-1ZA

http://www.oemepc.com/skoda/part_single/catalog/sk/markt/CZ/modell/OCT/year/2016/drive_standart/753/hg_ug/615/subcategory/615025/part_id/2550123/lang/e

Edited by Carlston
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, Carlston said:

Have you got 288mm or 312mm diameter front brake discs?

The 312mm diameter brake discs on the Octavia MK3 is a TRW system not an ATE system.

On the 312mm system, the OEM part number of the brake pads is 8V0698151B and the OEM part number of the front discs is 1K0615301AA

Skoda Octavia 2016, floating caliper brake front PR-1ZA

http://www.oemepc.com/skoda/part_single/catalog/sk/markt/CZ/modell/OCT/year/2016/drive_standart/753/hg_ug/615/subcategory/615025/part_id/2550123/lang/e

I got 312mm front and 272 on the rears.

Ok, it's TRW system, but that doesn't mean that I have to use TRW, right? I meant, I can use ATE rotors and pads on the TRW brake system with no issues. They should work per standard.