Window motor part number confusion

j6pkp

Hi all. 

New member here and new fabia vrs owner. 

I have purchased a 2005 fabia, and the windows don’t work. I’ve narrowed it down from threads and investigation that it’s most likely the motor on drivers side. 

the confusion is that my drivers side motor appears (when I put the part number into eBay/google) to be for the passenger side. 

Is there a way of finding out what part number should be fitted with the chassis number? 

Thanks in advance

3 hours ago, sepulchrave said:

The main 6-digit part number needs to match, the letters at the beginning and end are far less important since they denote differences in manufacturers and revisions rather in than the actual part.

Thank you very much. Makes it a bit easier I guess. Just got to try and find one. My part number is 6Y1959802, so is it the 959802 that’s important to match? 

Edited by j6pkp

43 minutes ago, j6pkp said:

Thank you very much. Makes it a bit easier I guess. Just got to try and find one. My part number is 6Y1959802, so is it the 959802 that’s important to match? 

Yes, there are loads on eBay matching your part number so it should be pretty straightforward and inexpensive to get a part with a working guarantee quickly. You don't need a new one, they're not a common failure.

3 minutes ago, sepulchrave said:

Yes, there are loads on eBay matching your part number so it should be pretty straightforward and inexpensive to get a part with a working guarantee quickly. You don't need a new one, they're not a common failure.

Thank you so much for your help. I’ve managed to track one down locally for £20 so that’s not bad. Be nice to be able to use the windows!! 

Loving this forum already! 

If you look at the first item 3 in the table on this page https://skoda.7zap.com/en/cz/fabia/fab/2005-453/9/959-959010/

you'll see that the part number you have fitted is what should be on that side for LHD cars, where it would be the passenger side. It may be that it isn't a genuine one though, and the part number hasn't been correctly allocated to it.

Can you post a photo of the one you have?

Are the rear windows electric too?

Just now, j6pkp said:

Thank you so much for your help. I’ve managed to track one down locally for £20 so that’s not bad. Be nice to be able to use the windows!! 

Loving this forum already! 

The MOT tester will be pleased as well.

2 minutes ago, Wino said:

Not tested, I don't think.

Here it is. It’s a genuine one (I think). One thing that confuses me is that when I mess with wiring or fuses (remove for 30seconds)  both windows work, but the passenger doesn’t work from the drivers switch. 

The one I’ve found locally is 6Q2959802A and from the drivers side. 

38269AA6-B6B9-4746-B475-049E04D246A2.jpeg

Crossed posts there. OK, well the local one might work, but not have all its capabilities used, I'm not sure.

I'd try to find one that's 6Y2959802, or same with SK1 on the end of it, if possible.

Just thought to check...your car is right hand drive, right? Your location doesn't give much assistance in guessing.

Edited by Wino

See if this photo of my screen is readable :D:

20181202_225019.jpg

By the way, the date column makes much more sense if you delete the leading 20 and treat what's left as MM.YY, not really sure why the 20's are there.

Edited by Wino

• 2 weeks later...

On 02/12/2018 at 22:53, Wino said:

See if this photo of my screen is readable :D:

20181202_225019.jpg

By the way, the date column makes much more sense if you delete the leading 20 and treat what's left as MM.YY, not really sure why the 20's are there.

well I'm confused. spoke with Skoda and you were right, part number 6y2959802 should be fitted. found one local that worked, fitted it and boom all working. came the next morning and nothing again. removed the fuses for a while, replaced them and they all worked again, but soon stopped. what could be wrong? could it be the comfort module under the steering wheel?

• 2 years later...
On 17/12/2018 at 21:57, j6pkp said:

well I'm confused. spoke with Skoda and you were right, part number 6y2959802 should be fitted. found one local that worked, fitted it and boom all working. came the next morning and nothing again. removed the fuses for a while, replaced them and they all worked again, but soon stopped. what could be wrong? could it be the comfort module under the steering wheel?

How were you able resolve this issue?

• 1 month later...