Porsche Taycan

Ryeman

12 minutes ago, Chris said:

I don't really understand the hype. I can't see that it's any better or worse than a Tesla Model S which is heck of a lot cheaper. Apart from it being a Porsche and the fancy interior screens. Am I missing something?

I suspect it’s a legacy industry desire for it to be true because they have seen their future which they don’t like the look of.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Chris said:

I don't really understand the hype. I can't see that it's any better or worse than a Tesla Model S which is heck of a lot cheaper. Apart from it being a Porsche and the fancy interior screens. Am I missing something?

I'd have thought that you'd appreciate the brand hierarchy Chris? ;)

1 minute ago, john999boy said:

I'd have thought that you'd appreciate the brand hierarchy Chris? ;)

I'd take a Tesla over a Porsche any day of the week. They just don't do anything for me. 

I saw Tesla are planning to launch a level above Ludicrous which is the answer to the Taycan but I can't work out how it will be better than what they already have. A Model S Ludicrous already does 60 in about 2.5 seconds and I can't imagine anything faster is going to be comfortable! The Porsche isn't as fast as that I don't think so I can't see the point. 

I guess it's everyone vying for attention. Hopefully start to see some more mainstream brands with decent performance electric saloons etc coming through soon. A Superb would be good. 

What difference does it make in the UK with a 60 MPH NSL?

At the traffic light grand prix the current EV's will leave stay with or be quicker than the majority of commuters, as they are on the back roads.

They can carry a few people unless a 2 seater and not be holding anyone up.

11 minutes ago, Chris said:

I'd take a Tesla over a Porsche any day of the week. They just don't do anything for me. 

I saw Tesla are planning to launch a level above Ludicrous which is the answer to the Taycan but I can't work out how it will be better than what they already have. A Model S Ludicrous already does 60 in about 2.5 seconds and I can't imagine anything faster is going to be comfortable! The Porsche isn't as fast as that I don't think so I can't see the point. 

I guess it's everyone vying for attention. Hopefully start to see some more mainstream brands with decent performance electric saloons etc coming through soon. A Superb would be good. 

To me it’s all about the battery efficiency and the acquired Maxwell dry cell tech coming soon will give fast charging without the life reduction.

Tesla’s Model 3 is designed for robotaxi  work with 1 million mile design lifespan.

I don’t understand why a Porsche has to be compared to a Tesla or as a Tesla killer.......it’s just silly.

If Ferrari comes out with an electric version will it be labeled a Porsche killer?.......of course not.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ryeman said:

Tesla’s Model 3 is designed for robotaxi  work with 1 million mile design lifespan.

I don’t understand why a Porsche has to be compared to a Tesla or as a Tesla killer.......it’s just silly.

If Ferrari comes out with an electric version will it be labeled a Porsche killer?.......of course not.

We will Soon find out , I'm sure.

2020 will shortly be upon us.

• Like 1