1.4 TSI strange noise on ignition on

Hello,

Do someone have any guess where this noise might be coming from and what causes it?

It happens on the first start in the morning and starts when the ignition is on.

Edited by john999boy
Faulty hyperlink

13 hours ago, krigl said:

Maybe, just maybe the electric coolant pump right next to the oil filter, that keeps mostly the turbo cool...

Thanks, that sounds very logic and reasonable (btw I don't have xenons)

Edited by lyubobg

Just now, krigl said:

One more thing could be the throttle body flap motor... But I would imagine that it would produce a check engine light, since it is quite important piece of kit. 

yep, I'll see what's the real answer once the car goes in Skoda this or next week

Take the charge air pipe from turbo to throttle flap off and take a look at what it is doing. Simple enough to do. But have some brake cleaner and tissues to wipe the oil off when you take the pipe off. And do not panic, the oil is supposed to be there because of the PCV system. 

Just now, krigl said:

Take the charge air pipe from turbo to throttle flap off and take a look at what it is doing. Simple enough to do. But have some brake cleaner and tissues to wipe the oil off when you take the pipe off. And do not panic, the oil is supposed to be there because of the PCV system. 

The car is new (18 000km mileage, 18 months old) and the check will be covered by the warranty.

I was just curious what could be wrong

On 04/12/2018 at 23:03, krigl said:

problem solved - turned out to be the third party LED bulb which has a fan on top of it and the fan was making the noise