Mk3 Octavia scout what tyres are you yousing

I don't know on this car as I haven't had to change them yet (owned the car for almost a year) but the fronts will wear quicker than the back (same as my Oct 2 Scout) .  My Winters went on in Jan this year, came off May and went back on in November - at this point I put what were the rears on the front and vice versa.  The Rainsports  that had been on 6 months are wearing quicker that the Continental winters.

I've had 2 previous Scouts and both had Falkens on and they both wore badly and were very noisy so I'd avoid those.

1 hour ago, ScoutCJB said:

I don't know on this car as I haven't had to change them yet (owned the car for almost a year) but the fronts will wear quicker than the back (same as my Oct 2 Scout) .  My Winters went on in Jan this year, came off May and went back on in November - at this point I put what were the rears on the front and vice versa.  The Rainsports  that had been on 6 months are wearing quicker that the Continental winters.

I've had 2 previous Scouts and both had Falkens on and they both wore badly and were very noisy so I'd avoid those.

I'll second that regarding Falkens - noisy and wear is very poor.

40K miles down

"Summer" are still the the OEM continentals (I forget model) Really noisy under trailing throttle 60-70mph now down to ~3mm all round 

"Winter" are some sort of Dunlop allseasons (From memory) bought used and only shave a few of mm off them over the last 2 winters.

Both are due replacement soon, so I'm watching this thread :)

8 hours ago, Jono said:

40K miles down

"Summer" are still the the OEM continentals (I forget model) Really noisy under trailing throttle 60-70mph now down to ~3mm all round 

"Winter" are some sort of Dunlop allseasons (From memory) bought used and only shave a few of mm off them over the last 2 winters.

Both are due replacement soon, so I'm watching this thread :)

I can recommend the Continental Winter Contact TS860, I also ran them on my Oct 2 Scout.

As for Summers I'm not sure, the Uniroyal are ok but seem to be wearing a bit quick.

• Like 1

I'm currently on Dunlop Winter Sport 5 205/60 R16 92H fitted to some proper alloys from a scrap-yard Mk3.

The non-winter ones are the original wheels with some horrible thirsty, noisy Runway 225/50r17 things which the dealer fitted after I bought it and before I picked it up. I think I'd rather he'd given me the money they cost and allowed me my choice of new tyres - which would have been something else.

12 hours ago, Sangrail said:

I'm currently on Dunlop Winter Sport 5 205/60 R16 92H fitted to some proper alloys from a scrap-yard Mk3.

The non-winter ones are the original wheels with some horrible thirsty, noisy Runway 225/50r17 things which the dealer fitted after I bought it and before I picked it up. I think I'd rather he'd given me the money they cost and allowed me my choice of new tyres - which would have been something else.

Its always a big topic on here but my theory is i don't mind spending money on brakes/tyres etc.  I've tried the likes of Falken, Ling Long and West Lake many years ago and errr, never again.  I actually brought 4 Linglongs and had 2 replaced within a few months due to cracking, then the other 2 started cracking as well.  I ditched the lot and went for Toyos in that instance.

On 10/12/2018 at 10:05, ScoutCJB said:

Have exactly the same winter tyres only done about 2k, and have put them on and off and on again same time as you, spooky....it’s still mild here in Cumbria, waiting for the beast to arrive again..although car is up for sale, going to get a panda 4x4cross for a bad weather run around. 

22 hours ago, andyasjl said:

Have exactly the same winter tyres only done about 2k, and have put them on and off and on again same time as you, spooky....it’s still mild here in Cumbria, waiting for the beast to arrive again..although car is up for sale, going to get a panda 4x4cross for a bad weather run around. 

Panda some yoke to rust

I’m running Michelin Primacy 3 which have done 22k miles and have 4mm left as summer, and have got Dunlop Winter Sport 5 as winters....these are on Yeti Origami rims which are identical spec to the Scout polar rims so running 225 50 17 for summer and winter.