Monkey ate my parking sensor, what parts do I need?!

ajm83

Went to Longleat and a monkey pulled out my parking sensor complete with wire and (apparently) ate it.  *****. 

fPS6dfll.jpg

Could anyone tell me which parts I will need?  

I guess it will be at least the following:

1. The sensor itself  (I think)  SKODA 3D0 998 275A/SKODA 1K0 919 275  
  2. The surround which goes on the outside of the bumper
  3. some kind of clip which goes inside the bumper
  4. A wire / plug see pic below

I guess this had a plug on the end which got torn off,  it has a screw-in waterproof fitting at the other end so it can easily be replaced if I can find the right part.

DOCIEzjl.jpg

One other thing,  can you just rattle-can the end of the sensor or does it need to be masked off?  Had a search but can't find any concrete answers

thanks

edit:  is this actually an OEM system?    I just found this part which looks a bit like what I have and I guess might fit?

https://www.buycarparts.co.uk/valeo/10065570

thumb?id=10065570&lng=en&n=0&ccf=1542280

thumb?id=10065570&lng=en&n=1&ccf=1542280

Edited by ajm83

When I read the thread title I was thinking how on earth is this going to go :D

Can you post a picture of one of the undamaged sensors? From your existing picture the others look to sit slightly proud of the bumper, suggesting they're an aftermarket version, rather than factory fitted.

MkII Octavia and race blue paint suggests a vRS. Rear parking sensors weren't standard on the vRS and as a result there are an awful lot out there with non-genuine sensors fitted.

These are genuine, factory fitted versions...

Skoda-Park-Pilot-Front-Rear-Parking-Sensor-System-with-OPS-Optical-Display-for-Skoda-Octavia-1Z-3.thumb.jpg.9284bcae9df63b8645c47c3e1dbd233f.jpg

Edited by silver1011
  • Thanks 1

Haha thanks guys.  :biggrin:

24 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

When I read the thread title I was thinking how on earth is this going to go :D

Can you post a picture of one of the undamaged sensors? From your existing picture the others look to sit slightly proud of the bumper, suggesting they're an aftermarket version, rather than factory fitted.

MkII Octavia and race blue paint suggests a vRS. Rear parking sensors weren't standard on the vRS and as a result there are an awful lot out there with non-genuine sensors fitted.

These are genuine, factory fitted versions...

Thank you so much @silver1011  that's great info.   It is indeed a 2012 VRS and the sensors do sit slightly proud of the bumper.    I will grab a pic at lunch showing what I have on my car,  but if you see the pic at the bottom of my post and imagine that sensor painted race blue,  that's pretty much it.   That also has the same (or very similar) cable connection also so I may well have found the correct part totally by luck.

Edited by ajm83
  • Like 1

Highly likely to be aftermarket then. Well done on finding a version online with the same connection, they look to be plug-and-play too which should make it pretty easy to replace it!

Blowing over them with a rattle can should be OK, no doubt the instructions with the replacement will give guidance. Just don't get carried away and add too much paint, or it might affect the sensitivity.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Got this all sorted.  Got a Race blue + a laquer rattle can from ebay seller "fiona_mcgowan123".  Turned out quite well I think and the colour is a pretty good match, better than the sensors that were already fitted. 

The sensor works fine.  It's a newer generation of sensor so it looks slightly different but it works fine, and funny enough has cured 95% of my phantom beeping.  Wondering if the sensor was loose in the first place which was possibly how the monkey was able to get it out.

BmZSWbFl.jpg

Edited by ajm83
  • Like 1

Those sensors look the same as my 56' Elegance which are factory fit. I also had phantom beeping until someone hit the back and pushed the corner sensor out...refitted it and it worked perfectly, until a couple of weeks ago when they stopped working almost completely!

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Just got back from Longleat myself and im so glad i found your post, little #### monkey has eaten my front sensors on my vrs. Broken 3 of the blue rings around the sensors and ripped one completely off all whilst im laughing at someone getting there aerial chewed to bits. So im guessing my front sensors are not standard as they are not flush ?