powered seat swap

Ive seen a full set of black leather Elegance seats for sale, the comfy black leather option but the seats are "powered" (fore/aft/up/down) whereas my Superbs half leather seats are manual

do i need a degree in computing from NASA to swap the seats over or do they just need a 12v feed?...

• 2 weeks later...

For the seats to be adjusted/operated, you need 12Volt (2 wires, + and ground). The seats can now be adjusted with the switches on the seat.

For the memory function to work, you will need to connect the seat with the memory option to the Canbus. Don't know if it's sufficient to connect the 2 canbus wires, of if you need to change or add other modules to the car. Will need coding though.

In my case (I changed both front seats to full electric+heating), the seats were both from a Superb MK2 Pre FL and both had airbags. The airbag connector was the same, so it was plug and play for the airbag part.

I would recommend to disconnect the battery (and wait a few minutes) before working on anything with an airbag.

Edited by Ivanowitch

On 16/01/2019 at 18:26, OsamaAtallah said:

Thank you!

I was thinking of replacing my regular seats with electric seats but unfortunately I found no extra connectors for the electric supply.

if the memory isnt required then a simple fused 12v feed should suffice, assuming the switches cater for polarity reversal for fore/aft  and up/down adjustments?

id like to get a scrap seat to test this

Edited by lichfielddriver
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 18/01/2019 at 23:15, lichfielddriver said:

if the memory isnt required then a simple fused 12v feed should suffice, assuming the switches cater for polarity reversal for fore/aft  and up/down adjustments?

id like to get a scrap seat to test this

How did this project go? as I'm about to attempt the same but putting powered Kodiaq Sportline seats into my non powered 2018 Karoq

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...