Android Auto

JohnDSmith

It’s a right PITA.

I resorted to the good old USB plug into a cigarette lighter adaptor to charge the phone from the rear socket as I use the front socket for my Garmin.

I switched Siri on once on my phone to see the screen light up, but honestly have absolutely no use for my phone apps on my car screen.

So also a simple BT phone user for handling the odd phone call.

The front USB works for charging an old iPhone 4 that carries my favourite mix of playlists - via BT of course.

I'm usually happy to use AndroidAuto, but I've had a play and discovered there is a "disconnect" button you can use. Firstly, I started with some bluetooth audio already playing, then plugged in usb.

Either:

• if you can see the "available devices" screen then press the "Disconnect" button in the bottom-centre of the screen. Press this and bluetooth music will resume.
  • if you are taken straight into android auto, press the icon in the bottom-right of the main AA screen (looks like a speedo or a dial), select "return to skoda", you should now be on the "available devices" screen, where you can disconnect.
Edited by gojoholo
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Hi All, 

Slightly off topic...but...

Has anyone noticed the sound difference when playing Music from the phone via bluetooth and by usb cable for Android Auto?

I have a Columbus system and the Bluetooth sound it much louder then when i have the Android Auto working. Have any of you noticed that?

Thanks

K

I have tried connecting a Samsung J3 to Android auto but it will not accept it. I also wanted the Mirror facility but this also does not work with this combo. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Have you installed Android Auto to your phone?

First initialisation was bit tricky - if I remember correctly. You have to launch it first on phone, then accept some settings etc before you connect it to the car.

Also download Car Mode app from Samsung Store.

See if it helps.

Thanks linni

I tried this, downloading Car Mode and I already had AA. Unfortunately it still would not work, it says device incompatible. I wonder if phone is the problem.

Thanks again.

On 19/06/2019 at 13:43, Kalpz said:

Hi All, 

Slightly off topic...but...

Has anyone noticed the sound difference when playing Music from the phone via bluetooth and by usb cable for Android Auto?

I have a Columbus system and the Bluetooth sound it much louder then when i have the Android Auto working. Have any of you noticed that?

Thanks

K

Anyone notice the difference?

On 24/06/2019 at 20:49, Kalpz said:

Anyone notice the difference?

Yes, much louder using Bbluetooth but that's chanegable in the system settings... there is a volume level setting for Bluetooth in buried in the menus in the infotainment.

On 03/07/2019 at 02:40, vRSNZ said:

Yes, much louder using Bbluetooth but that's chanegable in the system settings... there is a volume level setting for Bluetooth in buried in the menus in the infotainment.

How do we make Android Auto louder like the Bluetooth connection volume? 

13 hours ago, Kalpz said:

How do we make Android Auto louder like the Bluetooth connection volume? 

I don't think you can change it since it's a purely digital signal over the USB connection.