Seat removal - what size bit required?

Simon D

Having just completed the "leaking panoramic roof" repair by removing the roof lining, I have (hopefully) cured the water leak.  However, in order to remove and dry the soggy passenger side carpet, I need to remove the seat.

As I don't have any spline bits, I need to buy some so that I can unbolt and remove the seat and rails.  Does anyone know what size spline bit I will need, so that I can ensure that I buy a set with the right size included?

Thanks

Simon

I don't know if Yeti electrics are similar...

When I considered removing the seats from my Roomster, the general advice on here was to disconnect the battery and wait for 10 minutes before unplugging the seat from the wiring harness.  IIRC failure to do so risked either triggering the seatbelt pretensioner, or else triggering a warning light that could only be reset by VCDS.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be able to advise.

think you also need an 8mm 12 star  bit as well as the 10mm 12 star   --  I had to remove a seat in my 2010 pre fl years ago, and as a result have these 2 sizes in my toolbox

It’s the one on the right. I did this photo for the Karoq forum but as an ex Yeti owner I know the bolts are the same 2A39373D-70D8-4A4A-A4CA-681F01EC0ADB.thumb.jpeg.69a9c8d5759d8b95df9ff69438f4b700.jpeg

Edited by 33q
Detail added

30 minutes ago, 33q said:

It’s the one on the right. I did this photo for the Karoq forum but as an ex Yeti owner I know the bolts are the same 

That's a great help! can you confirm it's a 10mm spline bit?

9 minutes ago, Urrell said:

That's a great help! can you confirm it's a 10mm spline bit?

Confirmed

you can get away with a T50....the one on the left....but correctly you need the spline. Ebay is your friend