Miltek Decat Downpipe

26 minutes ago, Eric01978 said:

Why what? i'm just wondering if i'll need the reducer or if it will fit fine with the normal exhaust sleeve  

Why are you bothering to fit just a downpipe, what's wrong with yours?

Just now, sepulchrave said:

Why are you bothering to fit just a downpipe, what's wrong with yours?

Well I already have a back box delete so now i'm wanting to go straight through 

1 minute ago, Eric01978 said:

Well I already have a back box delete so now i'm wanting to go straight through 

Ok, you do understand that it won't do anything other than increase the emissions and fail the MOT?

Just now, sepulchrave said:

Ok, you do understand that it won't do anything other than increase the emissions and fail the MOT?

Yes i'm aware, but their is more then just me with a decat downpipe? will i be able to fit it to the standard centre section without a reducer or will i need one? 

On 03/01/2019 at 12:33, sepulchrave said:

Diesels don’t have an emissions test unless that’s changed. Only petrol engines do. Diesels have a smoke test.

1 hour ago, j6pkp said:

Diesels don’t have an emissions test unless that’s changed. Only petrol engines do. Diesels have a smoke test.

Any emissions control equipment which is defective or missing is an automatic fail if spotted by the tester.

Stock exhaust is indeed 2.25".

If you do go decat you will lose some response low in the revs. It will be obscenely loud at idle. Will make the "coooo" noise on lift, if that's your thing?. 

Will smell like a 1970's bus.

Might also need an MOT tech as a best mate.

• 4 weeks later...
On 09/01/2019 at 01:01, sepulchrave said:

Any emissions control equipment which is defective or missing is an automatic fail if spotted by the tester.

If discovered in an accident it's an insurance fail too.