Dipping of NS mirror when reversing

A free service should go some way to counteract the prolonged unavailability of an advertised feature, as well as the inconvenience of having to mess about taking the car into the dealer without resolution.

10 hours ago, silver1011 said:

A free service should go some way to counteract the prolonged unavailability of an advertised feature

Why does everyone seem to think they are entitled to free stuff for a minor annoyance? Especially as it’s not the dealer’s fault, so why should they be out of pocket? And the feature is available, it just doesn’t work properly on occasion. It only affects some, not everyone.

Are you advocating that everyone with dipping n/s mirrors should get a free service? Are you going to pay the mechanics’ wages to do that? And if the free service should only go “some way”, what’s needed to finish off the required compensation in your mind?

The car isn't as described. The dealer is operating on behalf of Skoda UK, they are representing the brand. The purchase contract is with the dealer, not Skoda UK.

I don't care who pays their wages. If, having to do the right thing, the dealer is financially disadvantaged then they are well within their rights to pursue Skoda UK for some form of remuneration, just like we, their customers are.

A minor annoyance or not, the car has a fault, a fault that should have been rectified / resolved prior to launch. Where do you draw the line between rolling over and accepting it, or pursuing your rights? The engine only starts every other time? The heating system only operates at one temperature, the radio only plays one station, at one volume. The mirrors don't point where you want them to?

The wireless charging / signal booster farce is a prime example. An advertised feature became unavailable, compensation was paid.

Rather than being "entitled to free stuff", I'd counter argue that by saying too many people roll over and accept it. If more of us grew a set and fed back to their dealers, making it clear that this level of quality / service isn't acceptable then eventually the dealer / manufacturer would get the message that more needs to be done.

Until then, because so many of us resign ourselves to it being acceptable, there is no rush, no urgency, and no desire to offer goodwill to offset the inconvenience of driving an expensive investment that isn't as described.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, just wondered if anyone has an update on this. I took my Superb into the dealer with the mirror 'dipped' and they agreed it was. But as it is intermittent and they say no case logged for it, other than trying so spend 'hours' trying to replicate and fix the issue, not a lot they can do!

On 13/05/2019 at 13:30, SaintMac said:

Hi, just wondered if anyone has an update on this. 

There is a TPI dated 07/05/2019 - 2054887/1 - I only have it in German, but your dealer should be able to cross-reference:

image.thumb.png.0434ac82c69c2fe317ccee14d2bae5be.png

18 hours ago, Arkaig said:

There is a TPI dated 07/05/2019 - 2054887/1 - I only have it in German, but your dealer should be able to cross-reference:

Thank you for this. Car booked in next Thursday for the software update. I will let you know how I get on.

• Like 1

I was watching a YouTube videos today, about various things someone likes in the Kodiaq, and he made a point about the mirror dipping.  Seems if you have the mirror adjustment switch turned to the passenger side mirror, when you put the car in reverse it will dip that mirror, then  it will return back to normal position once you go change out of reverse.  Could this be what is happening here?  Haven't got my motor yet, so can't test it.

8 minutes ago, Stu_Magoo said:

I was watching a YouTube videos today, about various things someone likes in the Kodiaq, and he made a point about the mirror dipping.  Seems if you have the mirror adjustment switch turned to the passenger side mirror, when you put the car in reverse it will dip that mirror, then  it will return back to normal position once you go change out of reverse.  Could this be what is happening here?  Haven't got my motor yet, so can't test it.

No, this is totally random as sometimes the mirror returns to the normal position and other times it doesn't. The mirror switch is set on the passenger side mirror.

Edited by SaintMac

On 14/05/2019 at 22:44, Arkaig said:

Thanks for this update. Confirms I'm not going crazy when it does work sometimes. My wife is German so translated it for me. It details everything that has been posted about the issue.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, SaintMac said:

Just to let you know the software fix appears to have worked. One week on and the mirror is returning to its correct position.

Spot on, just wish the dealer had advised me of it.

Best book mine in again. And they can also have another go at the blind spot sensor issue, as that went off again today 😡

On 30/05/2019 at 13:13, SaintMac said:

Just to let you know the software fix appears to have worked. One week on and the mirror is returning to its correct position.

Thanks for the update. Booking mine in for next week.

Actually called dealer yesterday with the ref number of the TPI. They found it on the system and it's being done tomorrow morning. No quibbling.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SaintMac said:

TPI dated 07/05/2019 - 2054887/1

Thanks; so the UK TPI is the same number as the German one?  Local UK dealer say's they checked using the German details and couldn't find anything (Think it may be time to try a direct dealer!).