Engine oil overflow

Re the 3rd party warranty provider / underwriter.   Let them know in writing.

They are not going to pay out for VW's known issue, they can pull down VW's pants and VW pay out because VW are never going to court and not having Independent Expert Reports in the legal system or in public / on social media.

Confidentially the deal gets done just as has been happening for years with TSI Engines and DSG's with the known issues and where people have Extended Warranties.

VW Group might pretend they only make a gesture or contribution where really they foot the bill.

After all the bill is inflated in the first place anyway greater than any 'percentage contribution made is worth'.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skoffski said:

Re the 3rd party warranty provider / underwriter.   Let them know in writing.

They are not going to pay out for VW's known issue, they can pull down VW's pants and VW pay out because VW are never going to court and not having Independent Expert Reports in the legal system or in public / on social media.

Confidentially the deal gets done just as has been happening for years with TSI Engines and DSG's with the known issues and where people have Extended Warranties.

VW Group might pretend they only make a gesture or contribution where really they foot the bill.

After all the bill is inflated in the first place anyway greater than any 'percentage contribution made is worth'.

Thats what I thought, logically extended warranty will just say that its their fault. Oh well, as long as they can fix and it won't have any negative side effects in the future, then I will be happy. 

I have actually spoken to vw that I would like a refund of the time I was without a car, which I was actually promised if anything happens I will be provided with courtesy car. In my view, correct me if I am wrong, why should I pay for something I don't have. And especially if its not my fault.

I am not being cheeky, please don't get me wrong, but it's unfair that I have to chase them up with any info, that I now struggle to take my kid to school(we don't live in the city) and my work. 

Really disappointed. And if I am being honest it's not the first time. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Vixvet said:

Will update once any news 

Can ask, what  car make would you suggest for small journeys? 

Would u know how will this affect car in the future? Will it be negative experience for my car going through all this?)) 

The newer EA211 16v 1.2 tsi is a fantastic engine (as is the even newer 1.0tsi ). The 1.2 EA211 came out in the Rapid late 2015 (89 or 110ps) also available in the Fabia III . Identifiable by the fact if you lift the bonnet the oil filter is down below near the sump. Whilst not as economical as the 1.6 diesel they are pretty good and very quiet running. I find my older 1.4tsi (Superb II) very economical and fairly nippy considering it's barge sized proportions.

Avoid the previous totally different EA111 8v 1.2 (85 or 104ps) engine- identifiable by the fact if when you lift the bonnet you see an oil filter at high level left just above the alternator - AVOID THIS ONE! (Note was still available early 2015)

Edited by bigjohn
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vixvet said:

Thats what I thought, logically extended warranty will just say that its their fault. Oh well, as long as they can fix and it won't have any negative side effects in the future, then I will be happy. 

I have actually spoken to vw that I would like a refund of the time I was without a car, which I was actually promised if anything happens I will be provided with courtesy car. In my view, correct me if I am wrong, why should I pay for something I don't have. And especially if its not my fault.

I am not being cheeky, please don't get me wrong, but it's unfair that I have to chase them up with any info, that I now struggle to take my kid to school(we don't live in the city) and my work. 

Really disappointed. And if I am being honest it's not the first time. 

I'd get the work paid for first - don't give tham a reason to search for a way out!

Edited by bigjohn
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, bigjohn said:

The newer EA211 16v 1.2 tsi is a fantastic engine (as is the even newer 1.0tsi ). The 1.2 EA211 came out in the Rapid late 2015 (89 or 110ps) also available in the Fabia III . Identifiable by the fact if you lift the bonnet the oil filter is down below near the sump. Whilst not as economical as the 1.6 diesel they are pretty good and very quiet running. I find my older 1.4tsi (Superb II) very economical and fairly nippy considering it's barge sized proportions.

Avoid the previous totally different EA111 8v 1.2 (85 or 104ps) engine- identifiable by the fact if when you lift the bonnet you see an oil filter at high level left just above the alternator - AVOID THIS ONE! (Note was still available early 2015)

Perfect, will tell my other half to have a look. Thank you 

9 minutes ago, bigjohn said:

I'd get the work paid for first - don't give tham a reason to search for a way out!

Too right! 

But they don't have a way out, it's their fault. 

I will be reading more in to the matter, so I got all the info

Thank you for all the replies and info)) 

13 minutes ago, Vixvet said:

Too right! 

But they don't have a way out, it's their fault. 

I will be reading more in to the matter, so I got all the info

Thank you for all the replies and info)) 

Possibly - but- many have lost claims just on diesel driving style. I think you will be OK with the emissions trust building warranty stuff though.

Edited by bigjohn
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

OK, update and end of post. 

Warranty is putting new engine, new turbo and new exhaust system. Contaminated oil, diesel found in oil. No over filling, just raisen level, because of diesel (I am guessing) 

All good at the end. Didn't have to pay for diagnistics, skoda paid as a goodwill gesture. 

Thank you all 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Vixvet said:

OK, update and end of post. 

Warranty is putting new engine, new turbo and new exhaust system. Contaminated oil, diesel found in oil. No over filling, just raisen level, because of diesel (I am guessing) 

All good at the end. Didn't have to pay for diagnistics, skoda paid as a goodwill gesture. 

Thank you all 

Nice result!

• Like 1

Great result.

Please be aware your thread will be linked in the future at least by me, when others are being made to assume the position...

too many Dealerships and employees are at it and blaming owners / drivers, as are Skoda HQ, Skoda UK etc.  

Edited by Skoffski
  • Like 1

On 26/01/2019 at 13:06, Skoffski said:

Great result.

Please be aware your thread will be linked in the future at least by me, when others are being made to assume the position...

too many Dealerships and employees are at it and blaming owners / drivers, as are Skoda HQ, Skoda UK etc.  

Not a problem, i hope it will help someone if they are in the same situation 

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Oh God, a little update. I am still with out a car. It has been now over 7 weeks. They have fitted new engine,turbo, full exhaust system, and yesterday they found that injectors are swollen and need complete change, all 4 of them.. My warranty has paid out all the money that my car is worth. Now I am thinking why they haven't seen all those problem, OK, u might not be able to see, but it's not one part gone bad, it's a 3 major parts in the car, why they haven't thought about writing a car off,I am scared to think what if they find more repairs needs to be done, or how does all this will affect car in the future? 

• Like 1

Warranty deffinetly are not cozy, coz it's a extended third party, and they have tried to cut cost on everything. 

I am speaking now to skoda uk s I haven't got my warrnaty left and trust in the car for future run, it's unacceptable for a car break like this. Have you got any link where I can read so at least I can point it out? I am so disappointed in skoda atm, at first I was angry, but now I a very upset with all this. 

I re read comments, I know what u mean about diesel gate.

I have been in contact with trust emission, but they say It's not that,. I am tired of all of them pointing finregs at each other 

Can anyone please give me advise, what next, how will this affect can in the future?