Advice required please

Hi

I’ve got a feeling my car isn’t going to start in the morning when I finish work at 6 (it’s freezing hard).

When I left for work earlier the Head lights didn’t come on  when I opened the car ?? And was sluggish when I went to start it 

What am wanting to know is 

1) is it ok to jump start ( just unsure as its a very modern car for me, 2013)

2) does anything need to be done if I change the battery myself ??

3) any other advice would be welcome, recommend battery type etc

cheers 

Jump start should be fine, just double check the owner's manual. Main thing is to connect the negative of the booster battery to a ground point on your car to avoid overcurrent issues.

As for changing the battery, if the car has start/stop you will need a special battery type and it will need to be coded to the vehicle using diagnostics. Otherwise it's a straight swap. Varta E44 and Exide EA770 are good options.

• 4 weeks later...

Do a battery test and decide. Mine was staring to  show signs of discharge over cold nights but started quite OK in the morning. However after 5 yrs tester suggested to go for a new one. It's not a hard decision to make.

WhatsApp Image 2019-01-14 at 16.28.40.jpeg

• Like 1