New vRS - what options?

5 hours ago, ahenners said:

Tyresonthedrive are currently doing them for £92 a corner fitted, but £20 off 2/3 tyres making them £82 each for a pair. They will also come to you which I think Blackcircles mobile fitters charge extra for.

Had 4 fitted by them last year, did a cracking job and the deal was better than anywhere else.

Thats a good deal, they dont cover the north west though so thats out for me!

Ive asked this question before aboutbheated front screens without an answer. What do you do about the side windows? If it cleared my windscreen Id have to negotiate a junction 30m away effectively blind unless I get the deicer or scraper out anyway? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ExSEAT said:

Ive asked this question before aboutbheated front screens without an answer. What do you do about the side windows? If it cleared my windscreen Id have to negotiate a junction 30m away effectively blind unless I get the deicer or scraper out anyway? 

I'm in the North West and had them fitted at work (also in NW!). Do they not cover your postcode area (think you are further north than me).

Yes you still need to do the side windows tbh, but they take about a minute by which time the front and back screens are usually clear and your seat is nice and toasty (if you specced heated seats).

Edited by ahenners
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ahenners said:

I'm in the North West and had them fitted at work (also in NW!).

Yes you still need to do the side windows tbh, but they take about a minute by which time the front and back screens are usually clear and your seat is nice and toasty (if you specced heated seats).

Sorry I must have got your location wrong I thought it said you were in Lancashire rather than the north west. :D Only kidding, Im in Cumbria, on the coast, I can see scotland in one direction and I can see the isle of man the other. 

I almost got the heated screen but just didnt fancy it in the end after thinking about it. I read it comes on at 4 degrees automatically? That means id be driving round with it trying to heat the night for most of winter lol

• Haha 1

Just now, ExSEAT said:

Sorry I must have got your location wrong I thought it said you were in Lancashire rather than the north west. :D Only kidding, Im in Cumbria, on the coast, I can see scotland in one direction and I can see the isle of man the other. 

I almost got the heated screen but just didnt fancy it in the end after thinking about it. I read it comes on at 4 degrees automatically? That means id be driving round with it trying to heat the night for most of winter lol

:rofl:

Mine doesn't come on automatically, or if it does then it doesn't light up the button to say it does. Unless that's a facelift feature. If I recall correctly it used to come on if you put the fan blowers on max for the windscreen, but I disabled that as it was irritating. I didn't spec mine new, but I'm glad I have it and it's something I'd miss in future if I went for something that didn't have it. Still doesn't seem to be many brands out there that even offer it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ExSEAT said:

I guess the side windows normally have less frost and are easier to deice. I can only say this from a personal perspective on my wife's Ford. I'll let you know once I've had a chance to try it on the VRS. Other thing to keep in mind is that is also will demist the screen which often takes some time once you actually have deiced

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ahenners said:

:rofl:

Mine doesn't come on automatically, or if it does then it doesn't light up the button to say it does. Unless that's a facelift feature. If I recall correctly it used to come on if you put the fan blowers on max for the windscreen, but I disabled that as it was irritating. I didn't spec mine new, but I'm glad I have it and it's something I'd miss in future if I went for something that didn't have it. Still doesn't seem to be many brands out there that even offer it.

I thought I read on here that someone was having stop/start issues and when they looked at the info it said 'heated screen activated' even though the button wasnt illuminated. It then transpired that the car turns the screen on when the low outside temperature notificatiom comes on. It might have been a load of bovine but it stucknon my mind lol.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jonny5isalive said:

I guess the side windows normally have less frost and are easier to deice. I can only say this from a personal perspective on my wife's Ford. I'll let you know once I've had a chance to try it on the VRS. Other thing to keep in mind is that is also will demist the screen which often takes some time once you actually have deiced

Last time mine was frozen (and I wanted to use it) the car was covered in a blanket of ice all over, including doors frozen shut. I think in the past Ive noticed the blowers clearing the side windows quicker than the front though. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, GenericSalesperson said:

As someone who sells Skodas in the East Midlands, I've just seen first hand the Kodiaq vRS' Virtual Cockpit. For me it's the one option I'd have on any car, the Gen 3 system is 10x more versatile than VW's Active Info Display.

Style over substance or a real addition worth £450?

• Like 1

Wow!  I didn't really expect that many replies....  Only just finishing for the day so first chance I've had to go through properly.  

Thank you everybody who commented, some great feedback.  Obviously a lot of these things are down to personal taste and but In the end, having read everybody's input, I have decided to add the heated windscreen and wing mirrors (heated and folding) - oh, and to change the Bridgestones at the first opportunity :biggrin:

Thanks again.

1 hour ago, GenericSalesperson said:

As someone who sells Skodas in the East Midlands, I've just seen first hand the Kodiaq vRS' Virtual Cockpit. For me it's the one option I'd have on any car, the Gen 3 system is 10x more versatile than VW's Active Info Display.

Second option ticked on the sheet after heated seats for me...

20190104_193759.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GenericSalesperson said:

Just seen your teaser photo on Facebook. Red V in VRS badge on a Race Blue 

2 minutes ago, Jonny5isalive said:

Just a quick thought. Am I right in thinking the new 245 (my19) does not come with electric front seats. Car I test drove did but having read the spec about 9 times I don't think they do. Does anyone know? 

Correct, manual, cloth with alcantara sides.

• 2 months later...
On 10/01/2019 at 07:03, SimonD316 said:

I’ve activated a few bits on mine through VCDS including HBA and TSR

hello I am due to pick my car up in next few weeks can you do coding on my car ? I can see from the picture when you got yours was in Warrington I am local :)

On 22/03/2019 at 15:37, SamWVRS245 said:

hello I am due to pick my car up in next few weeks can you do coding on my car ? I can see from the picture when you got yours was in Warrington I am local :)

Sorry for the late reply, i’ve only got a 3 VIN VCDS so can’t really do other cars. Maybe try Awesome GTI in manchester, or there is list of users in the VCDS section

Looking at the option list, I wouldn't have the keyless entry and start due to what I'm hearing about remote key relay attacks thieves are using now. I don't particularly like that guy's tone and attitude but his technical explanation of what happened is accurate.

If you frequently carry rear seat passengers, the rear side airbags, rear USB ports and in-car WiFi might be worth considering.

The double sided boot floor might be worth having. On my last car, I wrecked the boot floor when a bottle of oil in the boot leaked and it soaked through. The non-absorbent side would probably have prevented that.

I would consider the Canton sound system if I was buying for myself.

Does the car have satnav? If not and you use a windscreen-mounted satnav, the heated windscreen may prevent it from working properly. I would ask someone who has that option.

Does an option still exist to get rid of the lip between the boot and the rear seats when they're down? My current Mk II FL has that lip and it's a pain when loading large things with the seats down.

That virtual cockpit does look as sexy as anything :inlove:

Edited by Papfox

8 minutes ago, Brackett said:

Seems ridiculous that you have to spec (from memory) the front and rear heated seats to be able to get rear USB ports. Makes no sense at all to me, how on earth are they connected?!

Would assume no wiring loom to the rear of the centre console added unless the heated rear seats are taken. Probably not particularly profitable to put one in just for usb ports, whereas then heated seats are a pricier option.