MY19 2.0 TSI (272) has lost MPI?

31 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Is the 272 Direct Injection?

If you mean the latest variation of the Golf R which was in production throughout 2019 then yes, it only has direct injection which unfortunately is susceptible to carbon  build up on the intake valves.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Is the 272 Direct Injection?

Yeap, direct injection only. The exact magnitude of the issue varies with mileage and usage though, it could be as low as 3-5 years or as high as 10 before you notice something that has to do with build-up. Not saying I wouldn't like to still have MPI on my car but it's probably going to be an issue for the next owner or even the one after the next considering I don't keep my cars more than 5 years.

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
10 hours ago, Cristiantedd said:

Hello everybody. I Wonder if you can add the mpi injection so you can have the dual injections on this gen4(i think) of ea888 

Also

I didnt seen so far if this conversion of double injection works on gti g6 ea888 2nd gen i think. 

It ia posibile? 

For which engine are you asking about?  The 272 DNUA is not a gen4.  Gen4 will come first on the new Mk8 Golf GTI and Golf R.

In the gen3 DNUA of the 272 I guess it is theoretically possible (in the US they have been adding MPI before on their DI engines) but I don't think it's done yet on this engine as I think the mapping is a bit tricky.

I lost you on the Mk6 GTI reference though.

On 15/08/2020 at 15:16, Cristiantedd said:

I am talking about engines cczb/ccza 

It may be posibile to add mpi also to them? 

The gen3 is so different from the 2nd?

I don't know much about the gen2 CZZ engines but I believe they are very different compared to the gen3 so I don't think there are any useful similarities between them.

I believe the addition of MPI on the US MK7 is psossible only because the rest of the world's MK7 come with MPI from factory so even the US cars have the "infrastructure" built-in from factory (the receptions for port injectors) that are just not used on the US cars (and on the 2019 DNU cars). So all it takes is the injectors kit and the tuning.

But I have on idea if the CZZ has anything like that built-in.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Interesting thread - I've just acquired a 19 plate octy 245, which does not have a GPF fitted. Don't know the engine code / exact build date etc as now actually picked the car up yet, but my plan is to keep it beyond the pcp, plus I will be covering a big mileage, around 30k a year. From what I've read thus far, I shouldn't expect a higher rate of carbon build up on the basis that MPI was used until the WLTP tests were introduced that drove the requirement to switch to DI + GPF?