"inspection Now"

aernala

Having had a "oil" service 12 months ago my yeti 2.0 ltr 110 is now indicating the need for a inspection service. 

What exactly gets done in the inspection service and is it really necessary. 

Vehicle on a variable service schedule having had it's 2year oil service this time last year.

Do I need to get it booked in or can i carry on until the next "oil service"

12 hours ago, weasley said:

Is this not the MOT?

I'm in Northern Ireland. The 1st mot test is at 4 years and I'm only 3 years old.

Had this conversation with Skoda UK (the yeti is on lease).

They couldn't seem to grasp the details for a while but eventually they got it.

13 hours ago, Llanigraham said:

How many miles have you driven in the last 12 months?

What oil was used at the last service, normal or long life?

Not much use this past year. Only about 6500.

Anticipating bigger mileage when the car was leased but   circumstances changed and haven't had to do as much as expected.

35 minutes ago, aernala said:

Not much use this past year. Only about 6500.

Anticipating bigger mileage when the car was leased but   circumstances changed and haven't had to do as much as expected.

Based upon mileage covered in the last 12 months I would ignore the inspection and get the 2nd service done just before the 1st MOT at 4 years, whether you decide to keep the car or hand it back this way it will work out cheaper for you.:thumbup:

1 hour ago, shyVRS245 said:

Based upon mileage covered in the last 12 months I would ignore the inspection and get the 2nd service done just before the 1st MOT at 4 years, whether you decide to keep the car or hand it back this way it will work out cheaper for you.:thumbup:

Think that's what I'll do. Spotted a link on the forum showing how to reset the maxidot service warnings .

I'm going to reset the "inspection Now" and just keep an eye on the fluids until the next oil service is due.

• Like 1

'Servicing to Manufacturers Guidelines'.     

The cars leave the factory on Variable Servicing so 24 months or 18,000-20,000 miles,

then a technician might put it at a PDI or a service to Fixed and 372 days or 9,400 miles.

You need to check very carefully the correct times, because that is never that clear.  Or the correct miles, as it is Guidelines and VW group are not great on Schedules.

http://volkswagen.co.uk/owners/servicing/regimes

If a DSG or Haldex is not 'Serviced' to the correct miles or the Brake Fluid changed, or air or pollen filters that can be because even Service Plans might not mean they are done at the correct time / miles.

• 2 weeks later...

..on a similar subject I have just had the same message appear even though it had a main dealer service and MOT carried out 4 weeks ago?.....is this something I can re-set myself or does it need to go back to the dealer?...(problem is they are 40+ miles away)...

11 minutes ago, Stubod said:

..on a similar subject I have just had the same message appear even though it had a main dealer service and MOT carried out 4 weeks ago?.....is this something I can re-set myself or does it need to go back to the dealer?...(problem is they are 40+ miles away)...

You can reset it yourself

The potential unknown is that if they missed resetting this, did they miss anything else ?

5 hours ago, Stubod said:

You could explain the inconvenience / expense of you going back to the dealer and then get them to talk you through resetting it yourself. Get the name of who you speak to. That way they can't deny knowing it was reset.