Fabia 1 wet passenger footwell

Just a thought, while I've got the door apart, the rear lock on that door has been acting up. It locks ok, but doesn't unlock using the key button.

To unlock it I have to reach inside and pull the inside door handle, then press the unlock button.

Any thoughts on what the problem could be?

Extra support there has to be a great idea. If I ever have to re-visit ours again I'll be doing the same.

Might seem that added sealant can easily waterproof this junction of door and door carrier, in a static situation.

Just think though folks - what happens to that area when/if the door is slammed? It will try to carry on after the door stops, under its own momentum.

I bet if you could do some freeze-frame photography of the carrier as a door is slammed, you'd see that area 'flap' on an 'as built' car.  This is probably why a lot of repairs aren't successful, because people don't think of the forces that might act on the sealant, and underestimate what the joint needs to cope with.

5 hours ago, Tech1e said:

I hope you replaced those door trim panel clips. 

A couple of extra self tappers also help pinch the reg up tight

2F3C0932-A6AC-4F76-BEAA-980F4AC5A57F.jpeg

No, I don't have any of the panel clips. 

Are these ok? Clips

Edited by cocat2517